5A Playoff 2021

Rhea Co.

Just now, Knoxemdown said:

so rather than FBS players, we're just counting kids that had offers?  changes the discussion right?

Never said that, I am considering someone an FBS caliber player if they have an offer from an FBS program. Am i being obtuse?

1 minute ago, Knoxemdown said:

Enough of that.  Enjoy moving your own goalposts.  

Seriously though.  Which HS has the strongest current roster?

That is not the argument. The argument was that Lamar had a stronger west roster of athletes than Scot. Which we have decided is true.

1 minute ago, FilmCzar said:

Never said that, I am considering someone an FBS caliber player if they have an offer from an FBS program. Am i being obtuse?

You said, "played FBS football"  it's very specific.  When you started talking about current or recent rosters you loosened up your parameters considerably.  THat's all i'm saying.

Just now, Knoxemdown said:

You said, "played FBS football"  it's very specific.  When you started talking about current or recent rosters you loosened up your parameters considerably.  THat's all i'm saying.

I apologize for the miscommunication. But Lamar did have a stronger roster. Period. End of disucssion. THank you for your time.

Just now, FilmCzar said:

That is not the argument. The argument was that Lamar had a stronger west roster of athletes than Scot. Which we have decided is true.

I think you decided it's true.  You've demonstrated to yourself again and again that Scott Cummings is the premier coach in East Tennesee.  Enjoy your win.

Okay I went and pulled the roster.  Cummings had 5 d1 players that I can identify in the Championship season.  Four were seniors.

cottrell-GA tech

Hoxey- Multiple fbs

Burch-furman

marshall wofford

peer- utc

I also found a couple other college football players and a guy that ran track in college.  

And somehow I bet I missed a couple.

47 minutes ago, Knoxemdown said:

Okay I went and pulled the roster.  Cummings had 5 d1 players that I can identify in the Championship season.  Four were seniors.

cottrell-GA tech

Hoxey- Multiple fbs

Burch-furman

marshall wofford

peer- utc

I also found a couple other college football players and a guy that ran track in college.  

And somehow I bet I missed a couple.

So 2 FBS players?

36 minutes ago, Knoxemdown said:

Nah.  one NFL.  one FBS.  Three FCS.  would be a much more accurate representation.  And they were all on the same roster at the same time.

Yes, so 2 FBS, one of whom made an NFL roster. Okay. That's what I had figured. Lamear had more talent on his 2019/2020 roster and couldn't capitalize. Scottie won a gold ball.