5A Playoff 2021

Rhea Co.

26 minutes ago, RedFred said:

I think the coaching staffs are way more important than anything else.  Cummings coming to Halls has them on the way up, and i expect it to continue.

I can attest to this with the Springfield High program.  Since Head Coach Dustin Wilson’s  arrival and the implementation of his coaching philosophy, scheme, and discipline we have experienced a marked improvement and a higher/longer level of consistency at Springfield High

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

I can attest to this with the Springfield High program.  Since Head Coach Dustin Wilson’s  arrival and the implementation of his coaching philosophy, scheme, and discipline we have experienced a marked improvement and a higher/longer level of consistency at Springfield High

The way a 100+ yr program should be like.

16 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

They’ve had some good recent seasons. We’ll see if they can stay there even though they had some loses this season. 

they’ve made one semi final in the history of the program. they’re not a power house in any shape or form. If we consider that a power house then most Knoxville schools would be too. Lol

15 hours ago, madhatter2269 said:

I know that. Anderson county isn’t a long term powerhouse. Like at all. Idk where that came from

I agree that I shouldn't have termed them a powerhouse, but it's the type of setting with that Potential.  Oak Ridge has the same type of potential.  City schools have too many variables for serious consistency.

19 hours ago, RedFred said:

I think the coaching staffs are way more important than anything else.  Cummings coming to Halls has them on the way up, and i expect it to continue.

I agree that coaching staffs are important, and knowing what system fits your talent level.  Cummings is a really good coach in my opinion, but I found it strange that he couldn't get Cleveland behind him.

1 hour ago, RedFred said:

I agree that I shouldn't have termed them a powerhouse, but it's the type of setting with that Potential.  Oak Ridge has the same type of potential.  City schools have too many variables for serious consistency.

Tell that to Greeneville, Maryville,  Alcoa, and Elizabethton who are all City School systems who are consistent.  Coaching and Culture are the two huge factors with community support is the key to success.  All these programs have great youth programs that have coaches teaching the same thing that they would learn when they get to the high school level when they are 5.  A lot are former players and coaching running these youth programs in their town