2A R6 vs 2A R5 Playoffs

vandyfan1

Post season is right around the corner guys and it’s time to start trying to predict some playoff match ups. R6 Riverside seems to be leading the way with Lewis trying to take them out for the #1 seed. Forrest seems to not have anybody contending them for the #1 spot in R5. R6 seems to be tougher than region5 this year. Will R5 make it to the the quarterfinals to see who gets Westview or will R6 still carry on the the semifinals? Does Lewis county get past that second round or does Forrest finally get past R6? Can anybody beat Riverside from these two regions? Lots of questions but some very good discussion topics for sure! 

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Post season is right around the corner guys and it’s time to start trying to predict some playoff match ups. R6 Riverside seems to be leading the way with Lewis trying to take them out for the #1 seed. Forrest seems to not have anybody contending them for the #1 spot in R5. R6 seems to be tougher than region5 this year. Will R5 make it to the the quarterfinals to see who gets Westview or will R6 still carry on the the semifinals? Does Lewis county get past that second round or does Forrest finally get past R6? Can anybody beat Riverside from these two regions? Lots of questions but some very good discussion topics for sure! 

U pretty much highlighted everything but yeah no one in R5 seems to have anything for Forest. They advertising a pretty good defense. The other teams are hard to get a read on. For us we have to pull it out against LC (and Adamsville) to get that number one seed that ya guys kept taking from us for a few years lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigpun54 said:

U pretty much highlighted everything but yeah no one in R5 seems to have anything for Forest. They advertising a pretty good defense. The other teams are hard to get a read on. For us we have to pull it out against LC (and Adamsville) to get that number one seed that ya guys kept taking from us for a few years lol

Lol we are the new kids on the block in 3A. You guys should have some good playoff games. Forrest is going to be a tough out for Riverside or Lewis county but I see region 6 winning 3 out of the four first round games. Loretta has me scratching my head.

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Lol we are the new kids on the block in 3A. You guys should have some good playoff games. Forrest is going to be a tough out for Riverside or Lewis county but I see region 6 winning 3 out of the four first round games. Loretta has me scratching my head.

Yeah loretto u can’t tell. But Forrest definitely will b a tough out and I don’t want the wrath of general and Salem coming w it lol

4 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Post season is right around the corner guys and it’s time to start trying to predict some playoff match ups. R6 Riverside seems to be leading the way with Lewis trying to take them out for the #1 seed.

Playoff scenarios if the season ended today. Region 6 is all but set. Five could get turned upside down. 

Forrest hosts Adamsville

Cascade hosts East Hickman

Summertown visits Lewis Co/ Riverside loser

Richland visits Lewis Co/ Riverside winner

Forrest seems to not have anybody contending them for the #1 spot in R5.  R6 seems to be tougher than region5 this year.

Forrest needs to beat either Richland or Mt. Pleasant to win it. Richland will be the much tougher test.  Richland is a big physical team. They blew late leads against Cascade or Summertown or they would be playing for the title next week. 

Not sure about the tougher region based on the cross region games so far. We were told how tough East Hickman was last year and they were a playoff cakewalk. I don't think either region has a team that could finish higher than 3rd or even 4th in regions 3, 4,  or 7.

So far this year: 

Richland over Hickman Co. 42-7. 

East Hickman over Mt. Pleasant 35-21 in a win that doesn't look very impressive now. Mt. Pleasant scheduled a 5A team the week before Richland. Not sure how that affected their performance last week. Their RB has been out since week 3 with a knee injury. 

Loretto lost to Lewis County 21-20. 

Lewis County hosts Summertown in two weeks. All the skill guys are back for Summertown who played and defeated Lewis County in 2019. 

Will R5 make it to the the quarterfinals to see who gets Westview or will R6 still carry on the the semifinals? Does Lewis county get past that second round or does Forrest finally get past R6?

Forrest defense is good enough to keep them in any game against R6 for a half. Forrest offense is bad enough to keep any team from R6 in the game well into the 2nd half. 

Can anybody beat Riverside from these two regions? Lots of questions but some very good discussion topics for sure! 

They are the favorite right now. If they have turnovers and dumb penalties then there are teams who can beat them based on game film with Huntingdon and East Hickman.

Edited by Salem

3 minutes ago, Salem said:

Playoff scenarios if the season ended today. Region 6 is all but set. Five could get turned upside down. 

Forrest hosts Adamsville

Cascade hosts East Hickman

Summertown visits Lewis Co/ Riverside loser

Richland visits Lewis Co/ Riverside winner

Forrest needs to beat either Richland or Mt. Pleasant to win it. Richland will be the much tougher test.  Richland is a big physical team. They blew late leads against Cascade or Summertown or they would be playing for the title next week. 

Not sure about the tougher region based on the cross region games so far. We were told how tough East Hickman was last year and they were a playoff cakewalk. I don't think either region has a team that could finish higher than 3rd or even 4th in regions 3 or 7.

So far this year: 

Richland over Hickman Co. 42-7. 

East Hickman over Mt. Pleasant 35-21 in a win that doesn't look very impressive now. Mt. Pleasant scheduled a 5A team the week before Richland. Not sure how that affected their performance last week. Their RB has been out since week 3 with a knee injury. 

Loretto lost to Lewis County 21-20. 

Lewis County hosts Summertown in two weeks. All the skill guys are back for Summertown who played and defeated Lewis County in 2019. 

Forrest defense is good enough to keep them in any game against R6 for a half. Forrest offense is bad enough to keep any team from R6 in the game well into the 2nd half. 

They are the favorite right now. If they have turnovers and dumb penalties then there are teams who can beat them based on game film with Huntingdon and East Hickman.

Good post Salem! I think 3 out of the 4 wins in the first round will be from R6 but ya never know! I also agree with the 3rd and 4th seed comment if compared to R7 or R3

Honest prediction of how this will play out and, I’m being sincere here.

Lewis beats Riverside in two weeks and gets Richland in the first round. While we used to be everybody’s homecoming, they were ours so that tells you about that game.

Next, they catch Cascade. I don’t know much about them but they are probably better than the Hickman County schools. 

After that, they either catch Riverside again or Chapel Hill. Either team, they wont win because, well, they’ve never been past the third and it really doesn’t matter because that Westview team will bounce whoever is in their way to State.

Have to say, even I didn’t see how easy the trip to the third round would be this year.

Now, if Riverside wins in two weeks, all bets of a third round trip for LC is off.

13 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Honest prediction of how this will play out and, I’m being sincere here.

Lewis beats Riverside in two weeks and gets Richland in the first round. While we used to be everybody’s homecoming, they were ours so that tells you about that game.

Next, they catch Cascade. I don’t know much about them but they are probably better than the Hickman County schools. 

After that, they either catch Riverside again or Chapel Hill. Either team, they wont win because, well, they’ve never been past the third and it really doesn’t matter because that Westview team will bounce whoever is in their way to State.

Have to say, even I didn’t see how easy the trip to the third round would be this year.

Now, if Riverside wins in two weeks, all bets of a third round trip for LC is off.

Lewis has been further than that. I don’t see cascade winning the first round playoff game and Westview is bouncing everyone in 2 A even in the state game.

4 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

My bad.. Once in '13. That season seems to be set up like this one

79 as well. Quit ignoring details and slanting your argument like a CNN fake news anchor. 

Why don't you lay out Lewis Co's lifetime body of work against Page's so we can compare. 

• Upvote 1