2A R6 vs 2A R5 Playoffs

vandyfan1

2 hours ago, Vandychris said:

In a possible preview, Summertown leads Lewis County tonight 7-6 entering the 4th quarter in Summertown. Note, Summertown can still finish #2 in 5-2A with a win over Cascade in the seasons final game.

If they finish second then they won’t face Lewis in the playoffs it will be Forrest. Idk what happened tonight but Lewis better hope they play better next week or Riverside is going to put one on them!

Edited by vandyfan1

13 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

@ddaddy @Salem @Bigpun54 @GeneralForrest any games tomorrow that’s going to be a deciding factor for playoff birth or seeding?

Playoff seeding will be determined next week. Non region games this week. Two cross region games will give us an idea of how the regions stack up. Summertown's win over Lewis County last night and then Richland playing East Hickman tonight. Region 5 is holding their own against 6 so far this year. 

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

I think Riverside will separate themselves as the clear best team in R6. If Forrest wins 2 playoff games they will have to beat Riverside in Chapel Hill to make Semis- rematch of 2019 

Riverside is going to clearly be the region champs. After last night, it’s basically going to be a formality. I guess next weeks games are going to determine who they catch in first round. Is the smart money on Richland being a fourth seed in y’alls region?

7 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Riverside is going to clearly be the region champs. After last night, it’s basically going to be a formality. I guess next weeks games are going to determine who they catch in first round. Is the smart money on Richland being a fourth seed in y’alls region?

Yes the smart money would be on Richland being the 4 seed. They play Loretto. Loretto is winless in the region. Richland does have 1 region win over Mt Pleasant. In an odd twist, if Loretto were to win that game Loretto would then get in. They would have all beaten each other, but Loretto and Richland would have more overall wins, thus eliminating MP in the 2nd tie break. Then it would fall to Loretto on head to head result. The way Richland has been playing of late, they should be an odds on favorite to beat Loretto. 

26 minutes ago, Vandychris said:

Yes the smart money would be on Richland being the 4 seed. They play Loretto. Loretto is winless in the region. Richland does have 1 region win over Mt Pleasant. In an odd twist, if Loretto were to win that game Loretto would then get in. They would have all beaten each other, but Loretto and Richland would have more overall wins, thus eliminating MP in the 2nd tie break. Then it would fall to Loretto on head to head result. The way Richland has been playing of late, they should be an odds on favorite to beat Loretto. 

My guess is it will be a Summertown/Hohenwald rematch in first round then? I just don’t see Hohenwald even competing against Riverside next week.

10 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

My guess is it will be a Summertown/Hohenwald rematch in first round then? I just don’t see Hohenwald even competing against Riverside next week.

I have to think Summertown playing for the very first ever homefield playoff game in Summertown will have everything to play for against Cascade. Im predicting a Summertown win and taking the #2 seed in 5-2A.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:31 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Wasn’t just correct on it being a formality, was exactly on the money!

On 10/22/2021 at 9:18 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Doesn’t sound like it was even a game!