Haywood @ south Gibson!!

Kruger77

10 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Why in the world would anyone think that little ole Hornets from Medina be able to play ball with mighty Tomcats? I tried to send message to the coach over there... He should take the night off and call the game from his sofa. I bet the water boys could call a victory for the Tomcats. 

This is comedy, no one from Haywood is taking you guys lightly. Each game these boys go in thinking the opponent is the defending state champ. 

10 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

This is comedy, no one from Haywood is taking you guys lightly. Each game these boys go in thinking the opponent is the defending state champ. 

Yea i made a score prediction of 42-14 and i'm afraid it came across disrespectful to the Hornet fans. Did not intend to do so! I probably should have clarified the details of my prediction. I am expecting a 21-14 type score (or tied) at the half with the tomcats pulling away in the 4th, maybe even late in the 4th. That's a respectful "42-14" score prediction vs a 28-0 or 32-0 at halftime type score with the apposing team finally scoring on the 2nd & 3rd team late in the game. I will be majorly surprised if we are more than 2 TD's ahead before the 4th. I have respect for the South Gibson program. I just feel that the Tomcats are on a different level than in years past, if ever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

1 hour ago, Chargercats said:

Yea i made a score prediction of 42-14 and i'm afraid it came across disrespectful to the Hornet fans. Did not intend to do so! I probably should have clarified the details of my prediction. I am expecting a 21-14 type score (or tied) at the half with the tomcats pulling away in the 4th, maybe even late in the 4th. That's a respectful "42-14" score prediction vs a 28-0 or 32-0 at halftime type score with the apposing team finally scoring on the 2nd & 3rd team late in the game. I will be majorly surprised if we are more than 2 TD's ahead before the 4th. I have respect for the South Gibson program. I just feel that the Tomcats are on a different level than in years past, if ever. 

No disrespect taken. I like a little banter and friendly smack talk. From everything that I have heard from multiple people that I trust all I am getting is Haywood is nasty. They are really good against the run and can score almost at will. 

SGC has been able to score points against Haywood the past few season so I hope we can get into another high scoring affair. We will all know here in a few hours. 

Again, no disrespect taken I just like a little banter. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

No disrespect taken. I like a little banter and friendly smack talk. From everything that I have heard from multiple people that I trust all I am getting is Haywood is nasty. They are really good against the run and can score almost at will. 

SGC has been able to score points against Haywood the past few season so I hope we can get into another high scoring affair. We will all know here in a few hours. 

Again, no disrespect taken I just like a little banter. 

Cool!! It will be a statement game for the winner no doubt!  The weather looks questionable, which i personally like lol. It gives the game some character. Hope both teams come away injury free!

Just now, Chargercats said:

Cool!! It will be a statement game for the winner no doubt!  The weather looks questionable, which i personally like lol. It gives the game some character. Hope both teams come away injury free!

I agree. I am glad to the boys get to play in the rain. Seeing all these schools move games to Thursday night make me laugh. It is RAIN!!! 

29 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I agree. I am glad to the boys get to play in the rain. Seeing all these schools move games to Thursday night make me laugh. It is RAIN!!! 

Rain is OK. It’s the prediction of thunderstorms that is troubling. Lightning delays can cause a real mess. Covington was at Haywood a few years ago, and lightning sent everyone out of the stands to sit in their cars until it cleared. We waited probably for a hour, things cleared some, and we began to head back into the stadium. 

Before play could resume, another line of thunderstorms moved in. I waited a while, then got impatient and said “I’ll listen to it on the radio”. I drove 30 minutes back home before the game resumed. I think it was close to midnight before it ended. 

8 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Rain is OK. It’s the prediction of thunderstorms that is troubling. Lightning delays can cause a real mess. Covington was at Haywood a few years ago, and lightning sent everyone out of the stands to sit in their cars until it cleared. We waited probably for a hour, things cleared some, and we began to head back into the stadium. 

Before play could resume, another line of thunderstorms moved in. I waited a while, then got impatient and said “I’ll listen to it on the radio”. I drove 30 minutes back home before the game resumed. I think it was close to midnight before it ended. 

I agree. Lightening is nothing to play with.