Meigs vs Tyner

Meeru

2 minutes ago, Yeti said:

We got out played most of the night I felt like. But we did out coch them. We had a halfback pass that was a game changer. 

I will say this. I usually don’t question the coaching because I think we have one of the best in the state but I was scratching my head on some of the play calling tonight.

Heartbreaker- kids laid it all on the line- very proud of them!!! Perfectly executed trick play, taking advantage of two short field drives and making stops when they had to.  Props to Meigs for the W.   
One of our backs was supposed to sneak out into the right flat on final 2 point conversion - it would have been so wide open if he had done his job but that is why it takes all 11 executing every play.

Tyner will finish 3rd and have to travel to Watertown or TC in round 1 - very difficult task and a chance that a true top 10 team in the state is bounced week 1.  If we survive that we would travel round 2 to either Marion or Meigs.  At least we will have been either place before and know what we are getting into.  Proud of Tyner players and coaches and believe that hard work will pay off eventually.

1 minute ago, Dadof2 said:

I will say this. I usually don’t question the coaching because I think we have one of the best in the state but I was scratching my head on some of the play calling tonight.

I know everybody loves coach. I do too. Just an observation.  He is an amazing coach and turned Meigs around.  Just what I thought. The extra points, play calling, preparation, penalties, etc.

Yeti the trick play accounted for more than half our total yards. It was a game changer.

We got the ball close to midfield with 520 to go on clock. We went backwards on 3 plays and only used less than 20 seconds of clock before we gave the ball back. 

It was 3 and out after 3 and out and Tyner new what was coming. We all did. I did. I'm sure you all did. That's why the one trick play worked. We couldn't do anything else.

It's not a knock on Fitz. Just tonight I feel Tyners coach had his guys more prepared and did a better job of coaching. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger2 said:

I know everybody loves coach. I do too. Just an observation.  He is an amazing coach and turned Meigs around.  Just what I thought. The extra points, play calling, preparation, penalties, etc.

Yeti the trick play accounted for more than half our total yards. It was a game changer.

We got the ball close to midfield with 520 to go on clock. We went backwards on 3 plays and only used less than 20 seconds of clock before we gave the ball back. 

It was 3 and out after 3 and out and Tyner new what was coming. We all did. I did. I'm sure you all did. That's why the one trick play worked. We couldn't do anything else.

It's not a knock on Fitz. Just tonight I feel Tyners coach had his guys more prepared and did a better job of coaching. 

A win is a win. I'll take it. Also we played from behind and came back. They had one long passing play the 2nd half that was most of their yards. Realistically both teams played one real good half of football. We just made a stop and a first down at the end when it really mattered.

6 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Heartbreaker- kids laid it all on the line- very proud of them!!! Perfectly executed trick play, taking advantage of two short field drives and making stops when they had to.  Props to Meigs for the W.   
One of our backs was supposed to sneak out into the right flat on final 2 point conversion - it would have been so wide open if he had done his job but that is why it takes all 11 executing every play.

Tyner will finish 3rd and have to travel to Watertown or TC in round 1 - very difficult task and a chance that a true top 10 team in the state is bounced week 1.  If we survive that we would travel round 2 to either Marion or Meigs.  At least we will have been either place before and know what we are getting into.  Proud of Tyner players and coaches and believe that hard work will pay off eventually.

Tyner was the better team tonight. Your guys looked the part. Like you said our scores came on a trick play and taking possession on the 5 and an interception in the red zone.

Your guys outlined us probably double in yards, I bet you had triple as many first downs, and just looked more well rounded.

We are lucky our punter is all state.

1 minute ago, Tiger2 said:

Tyner was the better team tonight. Your guys looked the part. Like you said our scores came on a trick play and taking possession on the 5 and an interception in the red zone.

Your guys outlined us probably double in yards, I bet you had triple as many first downs, and just looked more well rounded.

We are lucky our punter is all state.

It was a great atmosphere and a wonderful high school football game.  High intensity - high drama - mistakes by both teams and by the refs but with as many dud games both fan bases have had - it was a joy for me at least to see a great game. I wish we could play you again but I don’t see it happening.  We will have our hands absolutely full to try to beat the second place team from region 4 - I don’t buy that those teams are down.  Meigs will have their hands full with Marion for sure.

I will be honest here and not trying to knock your team but I like Marions chances against you.  I think winner of our first round game will travel to Marion in week 2 but we shall see and these games must play out.

1 hour ago, Ram4Life said:

It was a great atmosphere and a wonderful high school football game.  High intensity - high drama - mistakes by both teams and by the refs but with as many dud games both fan bases have had - it was a joy for me at least to see a great game. I wish we could play you again but I don’t see it happening.  We will have our hands absolutely full to try to beat the second place team from region 4 - I don’t buy that those teams are down.  Meigs will have their hands full with Marion for sure.

I will be honest here and not trying to knock your team but I like Marions chances against you.  I think winner of our first round game will travel to Marion in week 2 but we shall see and these games must play out.

Nothing wrong with someone having an opinion. Marion is a good team, but so are we. Chances are pretty high we see one of you again in the playoffs. 

25 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

I'm glad I went to this one. I thought that Tyner would give Meigs a good game and they sure did. Conversions were a killer for the Rams. If you had the kicker you had a couple years ago you probably win this game. He would have been in range when you got to the 15 and came away with no points. The qb looked good tonight too. He has to use his size on those conversions. Not a knock on him at all but at that size, be more decisive and bully your way into the endzone on short yardage.

Tyner will be a tough draw for a 1st round playoff game for whoever comes out of region 4. 

The Rams are going to be stout next year. So many returning starters and get Meigs and Marion at home. This season isn't over but you have to be excited for next year if you're a Tyner fan.