Gallatin travels to Beech

eers

11 minutes ago, eers said:

Define horribly wrong… lol

9-2 with predecessor’s seniors

6-7 the next year 

most likely 4-6 this year

Trending the wrong way to me, but as a Beech guy, it doesn’t bother me too much…

I agree he is trending the wrong way. I just think it's and if we're having this same conversation next year, consideration into making a change needs to be made

Just now, MidTennFootball said:

I agree he is trending the wrong way. I just think it's and if we're having this same conversation next year, consideration into making a change needs to be made

I can agree with that. I just know the fans/boosters aren’t happy and whether we like it or not, without them it’s difficult to have a successful program. More importantly, I’ve had several people say he has lost the team. If that’s the case it’s hard to overcome. 

3 minutes ago, eers said:

I can agree with that. I just know the fans/boosters aren’t happy and whether we like it or not, without them it’s difficult to have a successful program. More importantly, I’ve had several people say he has lost the team. If that’s the case it’s hard to overcome. 

Absolutely, but I doubt boosters/fans have been happy at any point in the last 10 years, except maybe Watson's 1st season. I don't know a great deal about Gallatin as a school, but I can't help but wonder if maybe some of this is on the administration

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Absolutely, but I doubt boosters/fans have been happy at any point in the last 10 years, except maybe Watson's 1st season. I don't know a great deal about Gallatin as a school, but I can't help but wonder if maybe some of this is on the administration

With the amount of talent that’s in the building, I would have to think there’s something more to it for sure. The truth is, Gallatin has more athletes and more size than anyone in Sumner County year after year. 

There is a tremendous amount of talent walking the halls at GHS, just not all of it is football material. Talent has never been an issue in a Gallatin and it never will be. Its getting those kids out and keeping them once you get them. Sadly, and this is nothing endemic to Gallatin alone, the street is getting many of them. At every school in the county. It used to be the thing to do, play football at GHS, now not so much.

Good luck to both teams. Go Bucs.

1 hour ago, BURebels said:

There is a tremendous amount of talent walking the halls at GHS, just not all of it is football material. Talent has never been an issue in a Gallatin and it never will be. Its getting those kids out and keeping them once you get them. Sadly, and this is nothing endemic to Gallatin alone, the street is getting many of them. At every school in the county. It used to be the thing to do, play football at GHS, now not so much.

Good luck to both teams. Go Bucs.

Very true

35 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Game went as expected with the current coaching & scheme that is used at Gallatin. That will never get them anywhere. Never. Congrats Beech on the win... Wish we had Crabtree coaching our guys. 

I said 35-14 and it ended up 49-17, but Beech could have scored a couple more times. It is even worse than I thought. #7 and #11 can play. Should be the focus of the offense from what I saw tonight.

Beech played one QB other than change of pace and situational, which I think added some continuity. Perhaps this is going to be another typical Crabtree team, in that they are getting better toward the end of the year and peaking for the postseason.