AP 1A TOP 10 OCT 11 2021

Southtowner

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

I agree with every word of that post brother ! Don’t mind at all clarifying what I meant, you bleed Green and Gold and I respect that !! I really like Quinn as a person and a coach ! He is a classy guy, Some of us Tide folks talk everyday about how well he is actually doing being a 1 man show right now ! I really hope that you guys administration knows they have a dude that really wants to be there and is digging in harder even as he faces adversity daily !!! I sure know the guys I know personally on here think the world of Quinn !!! Y’all’s neck of the woods has become my mental getaway of late, y’all are a great bunch of kind humble folks up in the Reelfoot area, proud to call y’all friends !

12 minutes ago, shockernation said:

DSM…one class act! Glad to have met you and have no doubt we will be friends for life! The things you do for Peabody and other programs do not go unnoticed! Glad to have you as a buddy…I do have extra green and gold if interested lol

What he said!!! Thanks man

7 hours ago, rtl112 said:

If you go by score then you guys should beat Clay by 2 or 3 tds and Cf and Clay would probably be a good match up.  But like you said you can't completely go by scores.  I know Scott scored late on us when our Scrubs were in if I'm correct and Clay had a couple of players missing from what I just read.  I believe you guys win your region and the east but SP could have something for you. We would like another shot at you guys for what it's worth though.  And for what it's worth we was inside the 10 two times against you all and came up empty.  You guys definitely out played us  especially is the second half, your defense was all over us.  I'm just saying that if we had captilized  in the redzone then things might have been a little more interesting.

Yeah but if Gordonsville plays a clean game and gets more disciplined they beat you much worse.In My Opinion it wasn't as close as the score indicated.I really don't think you fare well in a second game.

2 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

Yeah but if Gordonsville plays a clean game and gets more disciplined they beat you much worse.In My Opinion it wasn't as close as the score indicated.I really don't think you fare well in a second game.

I'd say your right, they were pretty impressive.  I think they got a good chance to get silver that's unless maybe Sp or Greenback has something to say about it.

21 hours ago, croz6110 said:

If you're comparing scores, look how Clay beat Scott Co compared to how Coalfield beat Scott and how Gordonsville beat Coalfield.

You know as well as I do, you can't solely go off of comparing scores, but it can give you an idea. As far as Cornersville, the game with City was a head scratcher. It makes me wonder if City has regressed.

regressed? did you watch the game? 

18 to 8, with City's defense holding Cornersville's offense to 137 total yards, 0 points, 2-9 3rd down conversion, and at least 4 or 5 trips into the red zone without a single score. as far as City's offense is concerned...i won't get into the talk about penalties that were called and shouldn't have been or were missed. both sides were playing dirty at any point during the game

Edited by jtm52k
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Greenback??I would love to be in the conversation but we just took a 49-0 embarrassing whippin

Which Greenback do we see in the playoffs though.   I've seen this in the past when one wins in the regular season and then turns around and gets beat in the playoffs.  I know good and well that Greenback is better than what I saw the other night.  I was figuring it would be a TD or 2 difference at best.  We will see how Greenback answers the call this week, I'm betting you all throttle Harriman as ya should.

5 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Which Greenback do we see in the playoffs though.   I've seen this in the past when one wins in the regular season and then turns around and gets beat in the playoffs.  I know good and well that Greenback is better than what I saw the other night.  I was figuring it would be a TD or 2 difference at best.  We will see how Greenback answers the call this week, I'm betting you all throttle Harriman as ya should.

If we dont rt I'm afraid this coach will turn us into a SB/WB/Harr type team.If we win out in the region it will be because the Defense and GB talent!Our offensive strategy is killing our D and he does the O and wont get any feedback from anyone else.Im afraid it will cause the kids to not want to play for him.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jtm52k said:

regressed? did you watch the game? 

18 to 8, with City's defense holding Cornersville's offense to 137 total yards, 0 points, 2-9 3rd down conversion, and at least 4 or 5 trips into the red zone without a single score. as far as City's offense is concerned...i won't get into the talk about penalties that were called and shouldn't have been or were missed. both sides were playing dirty at any point during the game

Cornersville only score came from a bad thrown ball that they picked for a house call. Fayetteville did have some bone head flags they took upon themselves but the majority of the penalties called vs Fayetteville that night were egregious it had gotten way to obvious what was taken place during that last drive that Fayetteville scored. I dont think there was a ton of dirty play though those were just two hard nose physical teams battling it out. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TheSkipBayless said:

Cornersville only score came from a bad thrown ball that they picked for a house call. Fayetteville did have some bone head flags they took upon themselves but the majority of the penalties called vs Fayetteville that night were egregious it had gotten way to obvious what was taken place during that last drive that Fayetteville scored. I dont think there was a ton of dirty play though those were just two hard nose physical teams battling it out. 

as a fan, i'd agree, but that wasn't the point of the post. i was trying to use the unbiased information about City's defense to address the "has city regressed" comment.

as far as the penalties...if you want my opinion, playing with crappy refs sucks, but you should expect it to be part of the game. what you shouldn't have to expect is that the refs are only crappy towards you. however, i'm biased towards my nephew and his team and try to acknowledge that :D

Edited by jtm52k

21 minutes ago, jtm52k said:

as a fan, i'd agree, but that wasn't the point of the post. i was trying to use the unbiased information about City's defense to address the "has city regressed" comment.

as far as the penalties...if you want my opinion, playing with crappy refs sucks, but you should expect it to be part of the game. what you shouldn't have to expect is that the refs are only crappy towards you. however, i'm biased towards my nephew and his team and try to acknowledge that :D

Im with you but that TSSAA for you one of the lowest paying association in the south reason being you get upward level refs calling big time friday night games sadly.

Yea that team hasn't regressed from what I've seen. They seem to have gotten even better from where they were last year. 

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

If we dont rt I'm afraid this coach will turn us into a SB/WB/Harr type team.If we win out in the region it will be because the Defense and GB talent!Our offensive strategy is killing our D and he does the O and wont get any feedback from anyone else.Im afraid it will cause the kids to not want to play for him.

I hated to see ya lose Ryan, you probably won't see another offensive mind like him.  Greenback will be Greenback, I don't see ya going down the path of Wartburgism.  The community has to much pride to allow that to happen.  We are likely to meet again in the playoffs.  Cloudland could be a threat this year though for they always leave it on the field.