AP 1A TOP 10 OCT 11 2021

Southtowner

59 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Clay hasn't been completely healthy. They've been missing their QB/LB and their best lineman. The lineman has only been out the last couple of weeks. I don't think the QB has played since week 1 or 2. They've been starting a freshman there.

Clay County is dealing with some injuries, but who isn't at this point in the year. Clay County is every bit as stout on defense as last year, with a much improved offense to go with it. I don't think Gordonsville is much better than last year. What happens in week 11 depends on how Clay County comes to play. If Clay County plays like they did in the regular season last year, Gordonsville wins the game and the region. However, if Clay County plays like they did in the playoffs last year at Gordonsville, then Clay County will win easily and have two, possibly three home playoff games.

3 hours ago, TheSkipBayless said:

Really impressed with their qb kid can sling it through a carwash and not get it wet. 

Haven't seen him play, but Seems to play well under pressure from what I've gathered.

3 hours ago, piratetom said:

There are several teams that are playing better football that us right now. We are getting better but still got a long way to go. Getting a few key players healthy will directly impact our playoff run.

Y'all have the talent to compete with Gordonsville, but considering what your team has gone through you all have had some ups and downs on and off the field it looks like. Think you can pull it together before playoffs and challenge Gordonsville? They will be a handful 

2 hours ago, piratetom said:

Only comparing to the east . We’ve got nothing for the west. 

West is loaded in Peabody, McKenzie, and Fayetteville. I'd be surprised if one of those teams didn't win it all.

Edited by Yeti

59 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Haven't seen him play, but Seems to play well under pressure from what I've gathered.

Y'all have the talent to compete with Gordonsville, but considering what your team has gone through you all have had some ups and downs on and off the field it looks like. Think you can pull it together before playoffs and challenge Gordonsville? They will be a handful 

West is loaded in Peabody, McKenzie, and Fayetteville. I'd be surprised if one of those teams didn't win it all.

Yes, we will be ready when the time comes. It will be tough but the goal remains the same.

5 hours ago, croz6110 said:

If you're comparing scores, look how Clay beat Scott Co compared to how Coalfield beat Scott and how Gordonsville beat Coalfield.

You know as well as I do, you can't solely go off of comparing scores, but it can give you an idea. As far as Cornersville, the game with City was a head scratcher. It makes me wonder if City has regressed.

If you go by score then you guys should beat Clay by 2 or 3 tds and Cf and Clay would probably be a good match up.  But like you said you can't completely go by scores.  I know Scott scored late on us when our Scrubs were in if I'm correct and Clay had a couple of players missing from what I just read.  I believe you guys win your region and the east but SP could have something for you. We would like another shot at you guys for what it's worth though.  And for what it's worth we was inside the 10 two times against you all and came up empty.  You guys definitely out played us  especially is the second half, your defense was all over us.  I'm just saying that if we had captilized  in the redzone then things might have been a little more interesting.

7 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

From a Championship culture to what?

The culture at Lake County is fine. LC has been to the last 4 semifinal games and won a state title. Coach Quinn guided LC to the semifinals last year. Coach Puckett had a good culture here and Coach Quinn is establishing is own. Lake County is a very young team that will return 18 to 19 starters next year. I really do not understand why everyone thinks LC has fallen off the map. True Coach Quinn needs more help and he will get that for next year. Lake County will advance to at least the quarterfinals this season with a very young team. I am close to the team and there has been no culture change for the worst. LC is young and suffering some growing pains. At the end of the day this current Lake County team would be several teams in this so called top ten.

7 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

One Ball isnt a culture!!!!!!! Their other Gold Balls was long ago, changing it to kids being pillars in the community as they become young adults, no coach worth his salt just wins ball games !!!

Most of the Lake County kids are very good kids and have done and will do well in any community. I am not sure what you mean by your comment. I hope it's not what I think because even Trenton and every other town has a few bad apples but the overall majority of kids that have played for Lake County are productive members of this community and society. 

Edited by lakecounty1968

7 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

One Ball isnt a culture!!!!!!! Their other Gold Balls was long ago, changing it to kids being pillars in the community as they become young adults, no coach worth his salt just wins ball games !!!

If LC other 2 gold balls and 3 runner ups isn't part of a culture then Peabody recent success is not a part of a culture. Now do I believe that no but tradition goes along way in establishing a culture and LC has done that in every decade the school has existed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

If LC other 2 gold balls and 3 runner ups isn't part of a culture then Peabody recent success is not a part of a culture. Now do I believe that no but tradition goes along way in establishing a culture and LC has done that in every decade the school has existed. 

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I absolutely do not believe gold balls are part of culture! That’s part of a winning program! You can’t remotely have a winning program, without the right culture, kids that bye into ocoaches, kids that bye Into the community, I seen two of you guys games last year, I seen kids quitting throwing helmets cussing not acting like Lake County Falcons of the past! You are exactly right all teams have bad apples! You are a great poster! You love your Falcons!And you know the heck at a football, if you read it any other way than Quinn is improving these young men’s lives then you read it wrong! I hope you’re having a good night brother!I guess the best way I could put it, is that if the tide was to lose in any round of the playoffs, but all of our kids graduated all of our kids came to Christ through our football program, and all of our kids had successful lives and families for me that’s culture!

Edited by PeabodyPride

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Pride thanks for the clarification. You are a really good guy and poster. I am old school when it comes to discipline of players and I think Coach Quinn has done a good job of cleaning that type of behavior up this year. Last year was his first year and I think he is growing into a very good coach. If the LC faithful will give him time and the administration will get him some help he will grow into a very good coach. I talk with him quite often and he knows the game of football. I commend him on dealing with a tough situation this year. The man is the offensive and defensive coordinator along with being the head coach. He needs help to take some of the burden off him. I think the administration will get him some help next year. Coach Windsor moved up from the junior high this year and that is the only help he has. I have a feeling that Lake County will be in at least the Quarterfinals this year and if you get that far anything can happen. Next year LC will return 18 or 19 starters and should be very strong. This season isn't over by no means and LC will make some noise. Good luck to the Tide.

47 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Pride thanks for the clarification. You are a really good guy and poster. I am old school when it comes to discipline of players and I think Coach Quinn has done a good job of cleaning that type of behavior up this year. Last year was his first year and I think he is growing into a very good coach. If the LC faithful will give him time and the administration will get him some help he will grow into a very good coach. I talk with him quite often and he knows the game of football. I commend him on dealing with a tough situation this year. The man is the offensive and defensive coordinator along with being the head coach. He needs help to take some of the burden off him. I think the administration will get him some help next year. Coach Windsor moved up from the junior high this year and that is the only help he has. I have a feeling that Lake County will be in at least the Quarterfinals this year and if you get that far anything can happen. Next year LC will return 18 or 19 starters and should be very strong. This season isn't over by no means and LC will make some noise. Good luck to the Tide.

I agree with every word of that post brother ! Don’t mind at all clarifying what I meant, you bleed Green and Gold and I respect that !! I really like Quinn as a person and a coach ! He is a classy guy, Some of us Tide folks talk everyday about how well he is actually doing being a 1 man show right now ! I really hope that you guys administration knows they have a dude that really wants to be there and is digging in harder even as he faces adversity daily !!! I sure know the guys I know personally on here think the world of Quinn !!! Y’all’s neck of the woods has become my mental getaway of late, y’all are a great bunch of kind humble folks up in the Reelfoot area, proud to call y’all friends !

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

I agree with every word of that post brother ! Don’t mind at all clarifying what I meant, you bleed Green and Gold and I respect that !! I really like Quinn as a person and a coach ! He is a classy guy, Some of us Tide folks talk everyday about how well he is actually doing being a 1 man show right now ! I really hope that you guys administration knows they have a dude that really wants to be there and is digging in harder even as he faces adversity daily !!! I sure know the guys I know personally on here think the world of Quinn !!! Y’all’s neck of the woods has become my mental getaway of late, y’all are a great bunch of kind humble folks up in the Reelfoot area, proud to call y’all friends !

DSM…one class act! Glad to have met you and have no doubt we will be friends for life! The things you do for Peabody and other programs do not go unnoticed! Glad to have you as a buddy…I do have extra green and gold if interested lol