Week 10 - Oak Ridge vs Dobyns - Bennett

CardinalGrey

On 10/14/2021 at 11:49 PM, CardinalGrey said:

After the second loss ever to the Mighty and Benevolent Beavers of Karns...the Wildcats will host D.B. at Blankenship Field next Friday.  Let's show our Oak Ridge spirit for the Mighty Wildcats and come out to watch the game!

RWR!

Will you be coming this one?

10 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Eons-The longest portion of measurable geologic time.  There you go again with that big brain, SS.  

This ain't rocket science.  

If you can't block 'em.  Read 'em.

Pretty small brain actually. Barely graduated high school. I don’t even have enough credentials to work at RMG. We treat ya like Fam-a-Lee at RMG.

Edited by SweetScience

14 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Or haven’t been rated at all in eons, if we’re talking Jeff County.

I wished D-B had the Jeff County game to play over.  If they play nine more times, D-B wins all 9.  They simply overlooked them when they played, came out flat, got down big early and just never could recover.

Now, unless D-B miraculously finds a way to beat the Hill, then we're probably going to see a 3 way tie for the 2 seed in 1-6A, because I think West Ridge beats Jeff County.

1 minute ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

I wished D-B had the Jeff County game to play over.  If they play nine more times, D-B wins all 9.  They simply overlooked them when they played, came out flat, got down big early and just never could recover.

Now, unless D-B miraculously finds a way to beat the Hill, then we're probably going to see a 3 way tie for the 2 seed in 1-6A, because I think West Ridge beats Jeff County.

How does West Ridge look this year? I have not heard much about them up to this point. I have followed their scores since I heard they were opening the new school and have been surprised to see their success (6-2). Typically, you do not see that type of success with a first year program. I remember the early years at HVA when Wes started that program and it took several years to build that place into a reputable winner. @HTV may know more about how long it took HVA to win 6 or more games when Wes started that program. It makes me ponder whether the new Blount Co school (Eagleton? HS) will be able to mimic that same success in the W/L column. 

One question I have about Region 1-6A, how did William Blount manage to find themselves in that region? Geographically, it would take William Blount more travel time to that region that it would to Region 2 schools (Chatt Area / West Knox). How did that happen? Did the TSSAA not want to break up the 6A West Knox schools and send one North? I just don't fully understand that from a geographical perspective and travel time.

• Upvote 1