Week 10 - Oak Ridge vs Dobyns - Bennett

CardinalGrey

6 minutes ago, LINEDAD said:

WR can't hurt DB in students, athletes, coaches, teachers...nothing. It is County School out on an Interstate and they don't have Kingsport $$$$ and never will.

WR has a good senior class, strong Line and hard running QB. Depth is not good...2021 will be WR's best football season for a long time... IMO

I certainly figured that DB will always be DB and the big brother of Upper East TN. I know Joey does an excellent job up there.

23 hours ago, FilmCzar said:

How does West Ridge look this year? I have not heard much about them up to this point. I have followed their scores since I heard they were opening the new school and have been surprised to see their success (6-2). Typically, you do not see that type of success with a first year program. I remember the early years at HVA when Wes started that program and it took several years to build that place into a reputable winner. @HTV may know more about how long it took HVA to win 6 or more games when Wes started that program. It makes me ponder whether the new Blount Co school (Eagleton? HS) will be able to mimic that same success in the W/L column. 

One question I have about Region 1-6A, how did William Blount manage to find themselves in that region? Geographically, it would take William Blount more travel time to that region that it would to Region 2 schools (Chatt Area / West Knox). How did that happen? Did the TSSAA not want to break up the 6A West Knox schools and send one North? I just don't fully understand that from a geographical perspective and travel time.

My understanding from @BarneySox2007 and a few others is that WB wanted to play in R1 because they thought they would compete better than they did in R2.

23 hours ago, FilmCzar said:

Where is West Ridge located in relation to J Fred? I don't get up to the Upper East TN area very often unless I am headed to a Bristol race, DB game or traveling through to D.C. for work.

West Ridge is located just off exit 63 of I-81.  Or the Tri-Cities Airport exit if you're not familiar with the exit numbers.

23 hours ago, blazer1set said:

The T$$AA is not that strong in geometry.... er, uh, geography

Have not seen West Ridge in person but someone said they had a real wolf as a mascot...  Probably some type of huskie dog but it does look like a wolf from a distance.   It might be worth going to a game just to see ole wolfie trotting around on the field

Morristown East at West Ridge football

2 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

My understanding from @BarneySox2007 and a few others is that WB wanted to play in R1 because they thought they would compete better than they did in R2.

West Ridge is located just off exit 63 of I-81.  Or the Tri-Cities Airport exit if you're not familiar with the exit numbers.

LOL at competing in R1. Game of the Week for Region 1 6A in Week 11 absolutely is in Billy Blount. Battle for the worst team between Mo East and Blount. Game will be a barn burner. Unless Blount beats HVA this week both teams will be 1-8 going into the game too.

On 10/20/2021 at 10:02 AM, FilmCzar said:

I certainly figured that DB will always be DB and the big brother of Upper East TN. I know Joey does an excellent job up there.

I don't know where you've been but DB is not the Big Brother of Upper East Tn. anymore. Little brothers Greenville and Elizabethton have passed them by and ain't looking back, and DB has only beat Science Hill once in the past 7 years. DB has the third best program in Upper East Tn. right now and West Ridge is peeping over the fence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I don't know where you've been but DB is not the Big Brother of Upper East Tn. anymore. Little brothers Greenville and Elizabethton have passed them by and ain't looking back, and DB has only beat Science Hill once in the past 7 years. DB has the third best program in Upper East Tn. right now and West Ridge is peeping over the fence. 

Lol not a chance. Have you ever been to J Fred? No question who the boss hog is up there.

40 minutes ago, CardinalGrey said:

It will be around 58°F at game time tomorrow.  Perfect weather for a Friday night football game.

RWR!

29 hours 8 minutes 20 seconds until kickoff! 

How do yall OR fans deal with this? been driving me nuts every day this week lol

Edited by DBKPT93