West Rebulls headin two tha Blaick Whole

STARSNBARS

15 hours ago, strongx said:

I thought alco kept going for it on fourth down in the first half and came away without points a couple times, but then they also went for it on fourth down right before halftime to score. Maybe that was a different year? My memory ain’t what it used to be.

I went back and watched last night.  The fake punt passed on a 56 yarder...

To start the second quarter Alcoa passed on a 47 yarder...

Alcoa did pass a 37 yarder with 7 minutes to go in the first... (No points yet on the board.)

Alcoa finally scored a TD to close the half. 7-0

In the second half:

West passed on a 27-yarder with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd, down 7 (led to interception in the EZ).

West passed on a 48-yarder with 4 to go in the 3rd.

Alcoa passed on a 42-yarder in the last minute of regulation to take a shot in the EZ.

Sidenote:

Alcoa is 2/2 on fgs.  Both kicked at Cookeville.  long of 29.

West is 3/3 on fgs.  Long of 38, game one against Bearden.

Was easy to make the comparisons of stats since they both keep their scoring on digitalscout.

Edited by Knoxemdown

38 minutes ago, Knoxemdown said:

I went back and watched last night.  The fake punt passed on a 56 yarder...

To start the second quarter Alcoa passed on a 47 yarder...

Alcoa did pass a 37 yarder with 7 minutes to go in the first... (No points yet on the board.)

Alcoa finally scored a TD to close the half. 7-0

In the second half:

West passed on a 27-yarder with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd, down 7 (led to interception in the EZ).

West passed on a 48-yarder with 4 to go in the 3rd.

Alcoa passed on a 42-yarder in the last minute of regulation to take a shot in the EZ.

Sidenote:

Alcoa is 2/2 on fgs.  Both kicked at Cookeville.  long of 29.

West is 3/3 on fgs.  Long of 38, game one against Bearden.

Was easy to make the comparisons of stats since they both keep their scoring on digitalscout.

Thx knoxem, at the time it seemed like alco passed on some points in the first half, and it nearly bit them.

I hope it’s another good game this Friday.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, strongx said:

Thx knoxem, at the time it seemed like alco passed on some points in the first half, and it nearly bit them.

I hope it’s another good game this Friday.

I wish every game was on diamond clear.  With the exception of the stupid automated commercials you can watch a whole game pretty quickly.  Such a great resource for HS football fans.

If we shocked the world against Alcoa we can definitely do it again. We'll show them who the real Rebels are tomorrow. With how strong our defense is playing all we need is some offensive juice. Lamar told me they've got a good plan and we just have to execute and make good half time adjustments. If we can prevent them from scoring right before halftime this game will be tight until the end.

9 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

If we shocked the world against Alcoa we can definitely do it again. We'll show them who the real Rebels are tomorrow. With how strong our defense is playing all we need is some offensive juice. Lamar told me they've got a good plan and we just have to execute and make good half time adjustments. If we can prevent them from scoring right before halftime this game will be tight until the end.

Not happening. 

21 hours ago, thefox said:

Let's steer this back to the purpose of this thread. West is going to get a sound whooping this week but how many delusional West fans are there that think since West played Alcoa so "close" they will hang with Maryville? My money is on quite a few. But my guy @BCsportsfan knows all too well that West won't be getting help from the Zebras this time. I just hope on Friday evening there isn't a class action lawsuit against Coach Hunt and his staff for child abuse. I'll be dining at Las Margaritas and stopping for a few packs of Mike & Ikes at the Maryville Walmart. I'm sharing them with @rebelwoman87. I may be a habitual MJ fan but this week you'll see me with a big foam finger hollering GO RED REBELS!

I would sit with @rebelwoman87 if I wasn't busy sitting with @GREYRIDERx. He lets all the cats out of the bag! Literally. 

Edited by FilmCzar

33 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Not happening. 

If it is so great being a Maryville fan why do you gloat when someone tries to show support and root for their own team? Is being a fan of a high school that wins 80% of its games not good enough to fill the hole inside of you? I was just trying to show some love for my Rebs. We may not beat Maryville but take your pride in beating a 5A school because Oakland will come back around to deal with garbage like you.