West Rebulls headin two tha Blaick Whole

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, REBELRON said:

I think this will be a close game.  West looks really good on defense. 

I think on paper it should be a close game but I just don't see it. I have had the chance to watch both West and Maryville this season. West is playing sound defense and doing a great job stopping the run. However, I think this is due to how many players they put near the line of scrimmage. However, you can't load the box against Maryville and assume they won't find ways to take advantage of you in the throw game. Carson Jones has been as efficient as any QB I have seen in this area in some time. I don't believe he has even thrown an interception. This is the best looking and best coached Maryville team in several years, IMO. Coach Derek Hunt and Coach Kenny Cobble both do an excellent job with their sides of the ball. I am thinking Maryville 38 / West 14. That is my final prediction. Possibly holding West to less than that. 

Edited by FilmCzar
  • Upvote 1

Just now, JSamson7 said:

I coach at Maryville and graduated from there son. Try again...

I'm sure you like to think you do! I see this way too often on this platform. People jumping on with a team (especially Maryville, Alcoa, Oakland, Henry Co, etc) and acting "tough" because "their team" wins. Just calling it like I see it JSams! 

1 minute ago, FilmCzar said:

I'm sure you like to think you do! I see this way too often on this platform. People jumping on with a team (especially Maryville, Alcoa, Oakland, Henry Co, etc) and acting "tough" because "their team" wins. Just calling it like I see it JSams! 

Oh I do, no cap. I have at least 10 players on that team I've coached since they were in 5th-6th grade in a different sport. 

Edited by JSamson7

1 minute ago, JSamson7 said:

Oh I do, no cap. I have at least 10 players on that team I've coached since they were in 5th-6th grade in a different sport. 

That's great! Congratulations! Do you pull for Alabama Football, Kentucky Basketball and the New England Patriots, too?? :lol:

23 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

That's great! Congratulations! Do you pull for Alabama Football, Kentucky Basketball and the New England Patriots, too?? :lol:

Nope. Just Tennessee teams (Maryville, Tennessee, Titans, Grizzlies, Predators). I'll never be on anyone's bandwagon, I'm loyal to the teams that represent the state and community whether they lose or not. The folks you described are spineless, I don't associate myself with those kind of people.

4 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Nope. Just Tennessee teams (Maryville, Tennessee, Titans, Grizzlies, Predators). I'll never be on anyone's bandwagon, I'm loyal to the teams that represent the state and community whether they lose or not. The folks you described are spineless, I don't associate myself with those kind of people.

:thumb: That is most certainly not what it seems! But that is okay, because there are bandwagon fans everywhere, Samson! B)

1 minute ago, FilmCzar said:

:thumb: That is most certainly not what it seems! But that is okay, because there are bandwagon fans everywhere, Samson! B)

I'm Maryville only and a 2nd generation graduate. My daughter will be a 3rd generation graduate and my wife is a '00 graduate who teaches in the school system. That said, bandwagon doesn't fit in my lexicon and I trash those who have it in theirs on a daily basis.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

I'm Maryville only and a 2nd generation graduate. My daughter will be a 3rd generation graduate and my wife is a '00 graduate who teaches in the school system. That said, bandwagon doesn't fit in my lexicon and I trash those who have it in theirs on a daily basis.

Obviously, your need to prove it just further solidifies my case. :-D It is okay, Samson... no one is mad at you, kind sir!