Haywood vs Covington!!!

Kruger77

Here's what the Jackson Sun had to say about the game:

Covington (6-1) at Haywood (8-0)

When: 7 p.m., Friday

This matchup features two teams that are primed to make deep playoff runs in 3A (Covington) and 4A (Haywood). Haywood has several future Division I players on both sides of the ball. Arkansas commitment Jaylen Lewis has 24 tackles (16 solo), seven tackles for loss and three forced fumbles for the Tomcats. He also has 589 yards and seven touchdowns on 23 receptions. 

Prediction: Haywood 31, Covington 24

entire article https://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/10/20/tennessee-high-school-football-tssaa-jackson-top-games-week-10/8473067002/

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Here's what the Jackson Sun had to say about the game:

Covington (6-1) at Haywood (8-0)

When: 7 p.m., Friday

This matchup features two teams that are primed to make deep playoff runs in 3A (Covington) and 4A (Haywood). Haywood has several future Division I players on both sides of the ball. Arkansas commitment Jaylen Lewis has 24 tackles (16 solo), seven tackles for loss and three forced fumbles for the Tomcats. He also has 589 yards and seven touchdowns on 23 receptions. 

Prediction: Haywood 31, Covington 24

entire article https://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/10/20/tennessee-high-school-football-tssaa-jackson-top-games-week-10/8473067002/

I don’t see this being a high scoring affair based off last years game . I do think we have the advantage in special teams. Reed Russell has put the ball in the endzone at about 96% all season For touch backs . He can flip the field on punts as well. 

19 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

I don’t see this being a high scoring affair based off last years game . I do think we have the advantage in special teams. Reed Russell has put the ball in the endzone at about 96% all season For touch backs . He can flip the field on punts as well. 

This is such an advantage for the Tomcats. People often overlook a great kicker. Yall certainly have a fine one in Russell. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

This is such an advantage for the Tomcats. People often overlook a great kicker. Yall certainly have a fine one in Russell. 

Yes he’s been good for us the last 4 years. Having played offensive line in high school it’s demoralizing when your drives start at the 20 everytime due to the kicker lol

29 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Yes he’s been good for us the last 4 years. Having played offensive line in high school it’s demoralizing when your drives start at the 20 everytime due to the kicker lol

Because of the athleticism of Haywood, even if a team breaks one they may gain some chunk yards, but they are not likely to score on 1 play. This will give the Defense time to regroup and make the offense have to drive the length of the field. This makes it tough for the line, backs, and coaches to put together a drive that is 12-15 plays to get in the endzone. Glad to hear he is a senior and yall will not have him moving forward! 

Edited by ManOfMillions

3 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Because of the athleticism of Haywood, even if a team breaks one loss they may gain some chunk yards, but they are not likely to score on 1 play. This will give the Defense time to regroup and make the offense have to drive the length of the field. This makes it tough for the line, backs, and coaches to put together a drive that is 12-15 plays to get in the endzone. Glad to hear he is a senior and yall will not have him moving forward! 

Always one waiting in the wings, lol

30 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Because of the athleticism of Haywood, even if a team breaks one they may gain some chunk yards, but they are not likely to score on 1 play. This will give the Defense time to regroup and make the offense have to drive the length of the field. This makes it tough for the line, backs, and coaches to put together a drive that is 12-15 plays to get in the endzone. Glad to hear he is a senior and yall will not have him moving forward! 

We got another behind him that’ll be a sophmore next season! Haha!

The Covington Gridiron Association usually live streams CHS games.  However,  I just saw this notice from the Gridiron Association,  "Livestream this week will only be available after the game due to Haywood being a member of NFHS Network."

If you do have a NFHS Network membership, you should be able to watch Haywood's video stream at this link:

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/haywood-high-school-brownsville-tn/gamf6489dc466

Haywood's NFHS stream has not had much, if any, commentary this year.  So unless that changes for this game, you might also want to listen to Brownsville Radio's audio stream.  A word of warning though, that can be very frustrating  since the video stream is usually several seconds behind the radio's audio stream.  

https://brownsvilleradio.com/  

Go Tomcats!

Edited by stacmot