Morristown football?

1OldPatriot

13 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I ask the same thing a few years ago when Greeneville scheduled Alcoa. The answer for Greeneville was tough games help you find out what your team needs and to prepare for the playoffs .For some teams it's simply finding someone to fill out the schedule or a coaching connection between the two schools.

Probably a money thing, but neither of these teams need to worry about getting to Greeneville’s level right now. They need to try and get to mediocre first

1OldPatriot did you already forget that Jeff County went 7-23 the past 3 seasons? I guess its easy to forget that when you get a QB "transfer" in from an outstanding Greeneville program and can win you a few games.... I mean I get it, after 0-10 last season, those 6 wins have to feel great, but truth be told you all have beat one good team this season and from what I understand they had several kids out with injuries from playing Greeneville the week before. Pretty good chance West Ridge beats you all this week and you end up playing Maryville in 13 days and your season ends. But when all is said and done congrats on beating the teams you're supposed to beat this year and doing it with a kid that would probably get your program in a little bit of trouble if T$$AA found out where he actually resides.....

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KingKoopa said:

1OldPatriot did you already forget that Jeff County went 7-23 the past 3 seasons? I guess its easy to forget that when you get a QB "transfer" in from an outstanding Greeneville program and can win you a few games.... I mean I get it, after 0-10 last season, those 6 wins have to feel great, but truth be told you all have beat one good team this season and from what I understand they had several kids out with injuries from playing Greeneville the week before. Pretty good chance West Ridge beats you all this week and you end up playing Maryville in 13 days and your season ends. But when all is said and done congrats on beating the teams you're supposed to beat this year and doing it with a kid that would probably get your program in a little bit of trouble if T$$AA found out where he actually resides.....

Not talking about JC. Usually, if West is good, East is down. And vice versa. They are both bad. Just a question 

West is 5-5 this season, could easily be 8-2 with three loses by 5 points or less. Are they a really good team? No, no they're not but they've beat some of the same teams that you have. East went 5-5 last year with a loss in the first round to Knox Central. Again were they a real good team? No, no they weren't but this notion that both teams have been absolutely terrible for the past 3-4 years just isn't factual. It was tough on West to win games in 6A while they were in it, it's been tough on East this year in 6A. I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say its been tough on the Patriots as well, before this season they were a combined 3-28 in region play the past 5 years. All three programs have struggled at that level. At the end of the day, region 1 (5A or 6A) will never be able to consistently beat the teams from the 865 area code....

• Like 1