Brad Lee and tha Bears headin two 825

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, KnoxVil said:

So Rhea played Maryville?

Rhea Co. doesn't back down from anyone - They have had a hard time filling schedules like a lot of teams. They have had to play a team from Indiana, North Carolina, and had one scheduled at Kentucky this year, that was dropped to play a home and away with Alcoa. They played at Elizabethton this year. Murfreesboro Blackman and Cane Ridge years before. Jeff Co., Riverdale in the playoffs - you name it. I believe one year Rhea came very close to Maryville in Maryville and missed an extra point and lost. Maryville has won 140 straight region games and hasn't lost that since the year 2000. What's your point? A lot of schools do not have the luxury of not playing kids both ways - recruiting - home cookin' - etc...Maryville face it just needs to play private schools and out-of-state schools. They are great for around here.....but when they get drilled 49-7 in the 'ship???????

From a Rhea fan...

Maryville is always good.  They will BEAT Bradley Central.  Bradley will play a home game in the playoffs. Maryville will beat everyone they play in the playoffs, until they get spanked by The mighty Rutherford County team (Oakland).  So let's just enjoy the game Friday night for what it is.

Rhea is an above average team in 5A.  They lost to two teams that were state champions last year (perennial contenders).  We should be fine until the third round of the playoffs at least.

52 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

From a Rhea fan...

Maryville is always good.  They will BEAT Bradley Central.  Bradley will play a home game in the playoffs. Maryville will beat everyone they play in the playoffs, until they get spanked by The mighty Rutherford County team (Oakland).  So let's just enjoy the game Friday night for what it is.

Rhea is an above average team in 5A.  They lost to two teams that were state champions last year (perennial contenders).  We should be fine until the third round of the playoffs at least.

Love this take, ADS1. Go Golden Eagles, you all are my 5A sleeper pick!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleVolSteeler said:

Rhea Co. doesn't back down from anyone - They have had a hard time filling schedules like a lot of teams. They have had to play a team from Indiana, North Carolina, and had one scheduled at Kentucky this year, that was dropped to play a home and away with Alcoa. They played at Elizabethton this year. Murfreesboro Blackman and Cane Ridge years before. Jeff Co., Riverdale in the playoffs - you name it. I believe one year Rhea came very close to Maryville in Maryville and missed an extra point and lost. Maryville has won 140 straight region games and hasn't lost that since the year 2000. What's your point? A lot of schools do not have the luxury of not playing kids both ways - recruiting - home cookin' - etc...Maryville face it just needs to play private schools and out-of-state schools. They are great for around here.....but when they get drilled 49-7 in the 'ship???????

Maryville is great period. They play a pretty tough without needing to travel

1 hour ago, EagleVolSteeler said:

While I’ll agree Rhea Co backs down from no team, I don’t recall a Maryville / Rhea Co game where we lost on an missed kick - closest game I can recall was at Maryville in 2000 and the Eagles lost 21-6. We played Oakland closer at home in a Semifinal loss 27-17 in 89.

I got nothing but respect for both Maryville and Oakland but if they meet up again in this year’s Championship game, make no mistake I’ll be pulling for the Rebels to bring that trophy back to East Tennessee where it belongs.

Oh and back on topic… I would like to see the Bears pull the upset but in reality, Bradley has another appointment Friday night with Maryville out at the ole woodshed. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, RCfan said:

While I’ll agree Rhea Co backs down from no team, I don’t recall a Maryville / Rhea Co game where we lost on an missed kick - closest game I can recall was at Maryville in 2000 and the Eagles lost 21-6. We played Oakland closer at home in a Semifinal loss 27-17 in 89.

I got nothing but respect for both Maryville and Oakland but if they meet up again in this year’s Championship game, make no mistake I’ll be pulling for the Rebels to bring that trophy back to East Tennessee where it belongs.

Oh and back on topic… I would like to see the Bears pull the upset but in reality, Bradley has another appointment Friday night with Maryville out at the ole woodshed. 

You are correct - I did find in the guide Rhea County played at Maryville 7 times in the playoffs. (Always at Maryville) - but it does seem one game was really close 21-10 and another 21-6, but could be a misprint. 

46 minutes ago, RCfan said:

RCfan ewe ere a goodur fan....RC allways haz teems thait play hard.....And no eye down't reemimburr a one pt gaim ethur....Eye did find thiz film (butt eye ant no Zarr) ov RC and Brad Lee......Two vurry vurry goodur offences....:popcorneater:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RCfan said:

MHSvs-Rhea-Co.png

NOTE: The 1952, 1953, 1970, 1971, 1973 games were against Rhea Central. 

Edited by Red Rebels