Cody Chittum Snags Super 32 Title

oceansize42

Cody was the only boys HS wrestler from Tennessee to make it to day two of the tournament and he decided to bring home a belt.  All in all a dominant performance.  His take down at 1-1 in the third period in the round of 32 against Harer was really slick. Knee slide out out of bounds, swings it back it in, and gets the two to clinch in what was the closest match of tournament for him.  I'm sure collegiate wrestling is his next stop as I can't imagine he would care much to continue with HS given his age and abilities.  Well done.

16 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

Cody was the only boys HS wrestler from Tennessee to make it to day two of the tournament and he decided to bring home a belt.  All in all a dominant performance.  His take down at 1-1 in the third period in the round of 32 against Harer was really slick. Knee slide out out of bounds, swings it back it in, and gets the two to clinch in what was the closest match of tournament for him.  I'm sure collegiate wrestling is his next stop as I can't imagine he would care much to continue with HS given his age and abilities.  Well done.

hes a rising junior...i think he'll probably continue his high school career

26 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

hes a rising junior...i think he'll probably continue his high school career

True, but he is also 18 years and 7 months old which is unfortunate as this means he turns 19 during his junior year and is therefore ineligible as a senior.  From TSSAA:

No student shall be eligible to participate in any athletic contest during any school year if he/she becomes 19 years of age on or before August

I've also heard he isn't wrestling for Cleveland (could be wrong) this year so unless his family physically moves he won't be eligible within TN.

Edited by oceansize42

37 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

True, but he is also 18 years and 7 months old which is unfortunate as this means he turns 19 during his junior year and is therefore ineligible as a senior.  From TSSAA:

No student shall be eligible to participate in any athletic contest during any school year if he/she becomes 19 years of age on or before August

I've also heard he isn't wrestling for Cleveland (could be wrong) this year so unless his family physically moves he won't be eligible within TN.

Cody is a Senior, will be graduating after this semester and he will be at Minnesota next year.  
Super32 was the last HS tournament he will ever wrestle.  Cody will only be wrestling college tournaments moving forward. Next up is the Hokie Open.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, durdon said:

Cody is a Senior, will be graduating after this semester and he will be at Minnesota next year.  
Super32 was the last HS tournament he will ever wrestle.  Cody will only be wrestling college tournaments moving forward. Next up is the Hokie Open.  

That is great for both Cody and any TN kids that would have been in his weight class. Honestly that is how I figured it would play out.  Cody is such a talented hard working wrestler and is beyond all doubt ready to join the elite ranks of collegiate wrestling over the next few years.  

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2021 at 8:56 AM, durdon said:

Did you end up wrestling in the Hokie Open? I didn’t see him. If so, how did he finish? 

• Upvote 1