So… jobs anyone?

Sandman63

2 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

0% chance stone gets it.  If I was Waggoner there is no way I would take it.  He moves around a bunch anyway though, big history of it so he won't be there long when the natives get restless.

There are some really good dudes that would pt in for that job that will not even get a look.  I think the hire will be a big splash type hire!

18 minutes ago, Sandman63 said:

There are some really good dudes that would pt in for that job that will not even get a look.  I think the hire will be a big splash type hire!

I doubt it.  Woman in charge down there now and she may do well but there are a lot of power clicks that try to run things, just look at the last hire.  It will be interesting.  Passionate fan base.

I think we may see a few first time head coaches happen this year.  Some of the older heads that have been in it are getting out completely...It makes it tough, but It would make it exciting to see what some new bloods would be doing.  I have seen some of the offensive schemes out there with some teams that arent really that talented put up big yards and big numbers.  They may not have great win loss but you can see some things that make people look and say hmmmm.  With talent some of these coaches could flourish!

3 hours ago, Sandman63 said:

Wonder if Waggoner would pick up and move again.  I mean that would be 5 schools in 5 years.  He is a fantastic coach and heck of a guy!  GP is a good place with all the money lol

I don't think he's in the best of graces currently at GP with some recent comments after the Pigeon Forge game. I've heard that there are some unhappy players and parents, concerning the coaching staff.

18 minutes ago, Sandman63 said:

Geeez....what was said.  I havent seen

There was a huge blowup with Waggoner and an assistant during the game that raised some eyebrows about the staff in general. Basically summed up saying that the game didn't really matter in the scheme of the playoffs even tho it was for second and a home game round 1.