Playoffs - Round One - Oak Ridge at McMinn County

CardinalGrey

So proud of my Wildcats for never quitting  all year or tonight.The refs killed Oak Ridge and was not going to let them get that last score.That late hold that called back the TD was such crap.Then late hit the QB and helmet to helmet next play and nothing.But Oak Ridge shouldve played way better in the1st half and shouldnt have waited until 2nd half to get fired up.So proud of J.Berven and the year he had.He is gonna be a steal for some small college.Also major props to E.Rogers.Heyward got hurt in 2nd qtr and Rogers played his butt off and picked up the slack.Thanks to 77 and 70 for never coming off the field all yr long and thats hard to do on the lines.A lot of coaching blunders again tonight but if Joe comes back I will support the team and do everything I can to make sure we get back on track.Thanks to the SRs 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

So proud of my Wildcats for never quitting  all year or tonight.The refs killed Oak Ridge and was not going to let them get that last score.That late hold that called back the TD was such crap.Then late hit the QB and helmet to helmet next play and nothing.But Oak Ridge shouldve played way better in the1st half and shouldnt have waited until 2nd half to get fired up.So proud of J.Berven and the year he had.He is gonna be a steal for some small college.Also major props to E.Rogers.Heyward got hurt in 2nd qtr and Rogers played his butt off and picked up the slack.Thanks to 77 and 70 for never coming off the field all yr long and thats hard to do on the lines.A lot of coaching blunders again tonight but if Joe comes back I will support the team and do everything I can to make sure we get back on track.Thanks to the SRs 

I second everything you said. Thank you SR’s, especially #38, #77, #1, and a few others, but all of them deserve credit. It would’ve been very easy for all of them to fold up shop and give up with the season we had, but they all fought tooth and nail till the very last snap, and I commend them as well as the whole team for staying the course and never giving up. We only have 10 SRs on this team, so we have a lot coming back next year, and I’m looking forward to next season already. It sure is gonna hurt to lose #38 and #77 and a few others, but we always have guys who step up. To all of our kids, thank you for never giving up throughout all the adversity you faced this year.

Congratulations to McMinn on the win. That QB is impressive running the ball. A very good looking athlete.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

OR players didn't quit and almost pulled it out. Should have scored and I think gone for two and win it right there without going to an OT. I thought the holding call that nullified the TD was bad, as my Dad used to say, its not how many penalties you get but when you get them. All those PIs in the first half helped McMinn to its second TD, and some were good calls. OR didn't contain the QB for McMinn the first half and he made big plays and as it turned out his 60 yard run in the 4th Quarter was the difference,  For the way the season has gone, they could have folded their tent and gone home at halftime, but they didn't and made a good run the second half.  Hate to lose those good seniors but OR has a pretty good core of junior and sophomore starters coming back. so just have to work hard in the off season and be ready for two games on the road to start the season. For McMinn, they now head for mighty Powell, and I understand the Panthers may be short a couple of receivers so there may be a ray of hope for the Kees.

Proud of the Wildcats! Fought all year. I gave my final Wildcat Whoop #### t-shirt of the year to #70 , he wears a 2X and biggest I had was a1X but I'll take care of that. 

And I talked to Coach Gaddis after the game and if they had of scored he would have gone for two. That's how he works go for the win not overtime. We had so many hurt by then just needed to get it over.

WILDCAT PRIDE

I cannot bring myself to post a season wrap up message. I was there at the game and seeing it live shocked me somewhat. I will give my final thoughts on the 2021 season  in another post.

I do want to take the time to thank " oridgecat " and his friend for saying hi to me  and my wife. Nice people those two are.

They came out of  nowhere to intoduced themselves. I was weaing a Bengals jacket, limping slowly along the fence and looking goofy. They thought that must be Willie and they were correct. Before I could say anything the two guys beat my #### and went to get Sweet Science so he could cat stomp me too.

Just kidding, they were very nice and I hope to meet them again and the rest of the CoachT gang. Basketball starts soon.

Well, I will try and get my thoughts on the season together and post them.

RWR!

Edited by WilleTheWildcat
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Really wanted  to meet you Willie idk  what but I got sick as a dog yesterday ND couldn't sleep all night. Really sad I missed the game worst I've felt in years honestly 

Yep. I would have wanted to meet you and the McMinn County fans. You all on CoachT are nice people.

I almost didn't go myself, my left foot was aching and my right knee felt like it was going to give out at any second. Also, my wife hurt her foot at work Friday. We were a sad sight to see. I really owe her a big favor for going with me. She is a Chatt. Central Purple Pounder at heart but she loves her some Wildcat, too.

I hope you start to felling better and kick Powell. They are a lot better than Oak Ridge so bring the whole County with ya to Knoxville.