WestMOlan travels to Marion

Mr. Postman1

2 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

The jasper folks have told me this is a foregone conclusion that they are gonna win friday

If that makes you feel good.  A lot depends on who is at qb.  I have said we are on upset alert.  Yalls defense is pretty good and our offense is pretty basic.  No secret to what we are gonna do.  Will we be handicapped again?  One thing about it though, nothing like getting punched directly in the teeth to be able to tell what you are made of.  I suppose maybe last week was the wake up call that complacency brings sometimes.  I imagine our kids will respond positively though and the coaches have had time to make some adjustments that are needed.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

12 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

If that makes you feel good.  A lot depends on who is at qb.  I have said we are on upset alert.  Yalls defense is pretty good and our offense is pretty basic.  No secret to what we are gonna do.  Will we be handicapped again?  One thing about it though, nothing like getting punched directly in the teeth to be able to tell what you are made of.  I suppose maybe last week was the wake up call that complacency brings sometimes.  I imagine our kids will respond positively though and the coaches have had time to make some adjustments that are needed.

I think your coaching staff will have them ready.  Sam Pickett may get his chance to shine from the start in this game.  Which RB would be the QB?

2 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Westmoreland has a good defense. The points they scored against White House makes me wonder if something has changed offensively. Maybe White House is that bad defensively? 

WH is overrated IMO and play in a weak region. Nonetheless it was shocking to see them put up that many points.

Westy should’ve won that game! They were up comfortably going into the fourth quarter and let it slip away!

I think this game is going to be a lot more competitive than some people think. Westy just won’t have enough offense to match MC scoring.

10 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Westmoreland has a good defense. The points they scored against White House makes me wonder if something has changed offensively. Maybe White House is that bad defensively? 

Nothing changed offensively for us but their defense was pretty bad..... If we don't air the ball out some we don't have a chance... I'm not talking about a deep ball I just mean some slants, curls etc... We don't have the size to line up and run over people, we never have. WH offense was pretty solid though, I will give them that. I don't know, no one has just walked all over us this year and I don't expect MC to Friday night. 

2 hours ago, GBO52 said:

Nothing changed offensively for us but their defense was pretty bad..... If we don't air the ball out some we don't have a chance... I'm not talking about a deep ball I just mean some slants, curls etc... We don't have the size to line up and run over people, we never have. WH offense was pretty solid though, I will give them that. I don't know, no one has just walked all over us this year and I don't expect MC to Friday night. 

The past 20 years it seems like we have played you guys and westy always has some tough hard nosed kids.  It is normally a good game for a half at least.  I expect the same before Marion's depth takes over.  Mc isn't flashy, they aren't really gonna spread you out and be flashy, although with the athletes they have they would be able to.  Ball control offense and the uncertainty at qb so I say 24-7 final.  I know they like to hit so I would say two teams that like to run this one will have some lumber laid.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

On 11/1/2021 at 10:30 AM, FactSpitter said:

Marion will come out strong in this one. I had to eat crow after that Meigs game but I won't be eating crow after this one. Marion by how ever much they want. I think this will be a 30+ point win for Marion as they will have the young guys in early in the second half. There is no upset watch here.

Marion might win but i would leave the how ever much they want part out. I have seen this eagle team play several times and if you think they will quit at any part of the game your bad wrong. The record may not be that good but they got want to and spunk. The buzzards as i call them are by far not a push over and your in for a rude time if your thinking that.