2021 3A Playoffs Region 5 vs Region 6

Trollin

On 10/30/2021 at 10:07 PM, WarrJack said:

East Nasty, Waverly, White House and Fairview.  Fairview looked horrible last night.  Waverly had a little to do with it.  Injuries had a little to do with it.  Plain and simple they got a whipping.  I think that will leave enough bad taste in the mouth and motivation for one more week.  I do think R5 is weak after East Nasty.

You're spot on about the whipping. No other way to describe it. It was hard to watch. 

I think East is going to be a tough out for White House and/or Waverly. Like really tough. Not saying it cant happen but they've played several teams tougher than either region 6 frontrunner. I'm pulling for Waverly to go to the semis and play Dyersburg or Covington because I have a lot of good friends there who love Tiger football. I watched East vs Smith film. Huge gap between #1 and #2 in region 5. I'll leave it at that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Swarm said:

You're spot on about the whipping. No other way to describe it. It was hard to watch. 

I think East is going to be a tough out for White House and/or Waverly. Like really tough. Not saying it cant happen but they've played several teams tougher than either region 6 frontrunner. I'm pulling for Waverly to go to the semis and play Dyersburg or Covington because I have a lot of good friends there who love Tiger football. I watched East vs Smith film. Huge gap between #1 and #2 in region 5. I'll leave it at that. 

Yeah they played tougher teams, but they lost to all of them.  Although playing that green hill team and riverdale that close is still impressive.  Kinda wish we could get some more info about the other region 

7 hours ago, Swarm said:

A month ago I'd be predicting at least a 21pt victory. After our performances since then I give us very little chance. If Carthage is terrible we might pull it out but I'm not feeling it. The effort last week on television is the worst I've seen from Fairview football since Hughes started coaching. 

Effort was bad last week, not sure what was going on, but that’s not our teams normal.  But I’m still going to “feel it” for the playoffs because everyone is 0-0 right now and anyone could win on any given night.  I not only have a Senior, but have not missed more than 5-6 games home and away since about 2010, regardless of effort or win/loss record.  I am going into it not thinking it could be my kids last game…because I would hate 20 years from now the only thing that was said about his Senior year was “lack of efforts against Waverly “, when I feel CERTAIN about half of Fairview didn’t expect this team to win as many games as they did.  Not dogging you either…just knowing you are familiar with the program, I feel I can speak freely…but still held back!  LOL!

9 hours ago, ladyvol31 said:

Effort was bad last week, not sure what was going on, but that’s not our teams normal.  But I’m still going to “feel it” for the playoffs because everyone is 0-0 right now and anyone could win on any given night.  I not only have a Senior, but have not missed more than 5-6 games home and away since about 2010, regardless of effort or win/loss record.  I am going into it not thinking it could be my kids last game…because I would hate 20 years from now the only thing that was said about his Senior year was “lack of efforts against Waverly “, when I feel CERTAIN about half of Fairview didn’t expect this team to win as many games as they did.  Not dogging you either…just knowing you are familiar with the program, I feel I can speak freely…but still held back!  LOL!

All I can say to that is they can prove me wrong on the field tonight if they don't like what I have to say. It's not as if I singled out anyone in particular to criticize. Trust me I held back too and have taken this as far as I'm planning to. I'm just a fan on here talking like everyone else. I'm a homer even. I just don't wear the goggles 24/7. Last week was ugly. I stand by that statement. Please don't take it as an insult to your kid. 

4 hours ago, Swarm said:

All I can say to that is they can prove me wrong on the field tonight if they don't like what I have to say. It's not as if I singled out anyone in particular to criticize. Trust me I held back too and have taken this as far as I'm planning to. I'm just a fan on here talking like everyone else. I'm a homer even. I just don't wear the goggles 24/7. Last week was ugly. I stand by that statement. Please don't take it as an insult to your kid. 

Swarm - I didn't - I really should have waited the 24 hours before posting, like the coaches recommend before speaking to them!  LOL!  Just a Senior parent knowing from here on out could be it!  It's tough seeing your kid realize that too, and we in our house know how ugly it was!  I think they will at least play with more effort tonight, simply because they feel they have to prove something now.  I will take effort, even if it come with loss over lack of effort any day - like the White House game.  That one hurt, but they knew they competed.   Having said that, when it is over,  I get to jump on the wrestling boards after that! Maybe you can hop over there and get things going!

And I knew you were a homer, so there was some hope my words would be better understood, but that is the "texting" way now, tone is lost,  I am a transplant, but married a homer - so I feel like one!