Copper Basin @ Gordonsville Round 1

croz6110

22 hours ago, TheCommander said:

I think Whitwell is capable of making an interesting game with you guys, that is if they make it. They do have some good players, but I doubt they will have enough to beat you guys. 

Whitwell was not capable of keeping it a game with Gville. Couldn't make it a game with Jo Byrns.

14 minutes ago, fsurules said:

Whitwell was not capable of keeping it a game with Gville. Couldn't make it a game with Jo Byrns.

SP posters said Commando was knowledgeable, but he said CB would beat Gordonsville and Whitwell probably doesn’t have enough to beat Gordonsville. That region is SP painting Rembrandt’s and everyone else making hand turkeys with crayons. Sorry commando…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enthusiast said:

SP posters said Commando was knowledgeable, but he said CB would beat Gordonsville and Whitwell probably doesn’t have enough to beat Gordonsville. That region is SP painting Rembrandt’s and everyone else making hand turkeys with crayons. Sorry commando…

I think he was just supporting his team with that prediction. However, i think he truly thought Whitwell could play Gville close.  

5 minutes ago, fsurules said:

I think he was just supporting his team with that prediction. However, i think he truly thought Whitwell could play Gville close.  

Gordy would mercy rule everyone in the region at or right after halftime except SP.

I hope we can compete the next two weeks. Have to cut down mistakes.

5 minutes ago, powerp said:

Gordy would mercy rule everyone in the region at or right after halftime except SP.

I hope we can compete the next two weeks. Have to cut down mistakes.

Obviously, it is not a given Gville will make it to SP. Also, I know Commando was supporting his hometown, as we all do, but after that I am pragmatic and reasonably objective. Ha

13 hours ago, fsurules said:

Not really, just supporting the region personally. But I do think Whitwell is an up and coming team. Just felt like stirring the pot a little bit, but I was certainly supporting my hometown. I would never get on here and say them boys are going to lose. A lot of them look on here and I was just looking to get them fired up. I still don’t think Gordonsville is what they’re hyped up to be but the East as a whole is very weak, even the Pirates. We will see how it all shakes up and I could be dead wrong but I’m going with Pirates to represent the East, and beat Gordy by 3+ scores. That is the prediction I’m dead serious about. I think if Gordy makes it to state it will be next year. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheCommander said:

Not really, just supporting the region personally. But I do think Whitwell is an up and coming team. Just felt like stirring the pot a little bit, but I was certainly supporting my hometown. I would never get on here and say them boys are going to lose. A lot of them look on here and I was just looking to get them fired up. I still don’t think Gordonsville is what they’re hyped up to be but the East as a whole is very weak, even the Pirates. We will see how it all shakes up and I could be dead wrong but I’m going with Pirates to represent the East, and beat Gordy by 3+ scores. That is the prediction I’m dead serious about. I think if Gordy makes it to state it will be next year. 

Got it. It is your opinion that Gordonsville is not as good as most others think they are. This game is over and you still keep expressing your dismissiveness of Gordonsville. Just as a general inquiry, what is Copper Basin’s record against Gordonsville? Personally, if I cared about not putting down my hometown players, I wouldn’t really want people to continue to denigrate another town that just ended my hometown boys’ season, handily, either. Y’all can focus on working toward next year and hope to compete then. As you mentioned, almost all of Gordonsville’s team will be back.  Take it easy, sir.

49 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

Got it. It is your opinion that Gordonsville is not as good as most others think they are. This game is over and you still keep expressing your dismissiveness of Gordonsville. Just as a general inquiry, what is Copper Basin’s record against Gordonsville? Personally, if I cared about not putting down my hometown players, I wouldn’t really want people to continue to denigrate another town that just ended my hometown boys’ season, handily, either. Y’all can focus on working toward next year and hope to compete then. As you mentioned, almost all of Gordonsville’s team will be back.  Take it easy, sir.

I don’t think he was trying to put anyone down I think realistically pitt is poop and gordy is the fly that eats the poop and basin is the sewer it’s all in. The west has 3 or 4 really good teams but south pitt just last year murders anyone in the east this year. I don’t think there is 1 good team in the east from 1a. It seems like everyone got worse in the east and the west got a whole lot better. Reclassification might be one of the reasons but I also believe football might be less important to kids these days. Cannot wait to watch pitt in state and I will root for them but their run game is on the outside and it will be stopped and they don’t have a deep or mid level pass game. Gordy doesn’t have the athletes to compete and that’s the honest truth. If anyone is looking for a game to watch it’ll be Peabody vs McKenzie 

11 minutes ago, TheOneRiddler said:

I don’t think he was trying to put anyone down I think realistically pitt is poop and gordy is the fly that eats the poop and basin is the sewer it’s all in. The west has 3 or 4 really good teams but south pitt just last year murders anyone in the east this year. I don’t think there is 1 good team in the east from 1a. It seems like everyone got worse in the east and the west got a whole lot better. Reclassification might be one of the reasons but I also believe football might be less important to kids these days. Cannot wait to watch pitt in state and I will root for them but their run game is on the outside and it will be stopped and they don’t have a deep or mid level pass game. Gordy doesn’t have the athletes to compete and that’s the honest truth. If anyone is looking for a game to watch it’ll be Peabody vs McKenzie 

True

5 hours ago, TheCommander said:

You probably right