Copper Basin @ Gordonsville Round 1

croz6110

31 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

As I said Gordy isn’t terrible, they’re better than us, they are better than Whitwell, better than Clay, better than sale creek. But they are not better than South Pitt, the Pirates will out athlete them, out run them, and will most DEFINITELY out physical Gordy. This is the softest Gordy team I have ever seen. 

I can see how you would think this after tonight. It was a very boring game. I can agree that Pitt has more talent than Gordonsville, BUT that talent margin is closer than it’s been in a long time. Close enough that turnovers, penalties, and coaching decisions will decide that game. That is if the individuals in street clothes tonight will be playing

1 minute ago, TigerTown12 said:

I can see how you would think this after tonight. It was a very boring game. I can agree that Pitt has more talent than Gordonsville, BUT that talent margin is closer than it’s been in a long time. Close enough that turnovers, penalties, and coaching decisions will decide that game. That is if the individuals in street clothes tonight will be playing

Fair statement, I agree the talent margin is a lot closer than it has been in the past few years. 

3 minutes ago, TigerTown12 said:

If Sp and Gordonsville meet we fully expect a very good Gordonsville team. I'm just glad it will be played in Sp lol. Gordonsville is a tough place to get a win 

This wasn't one of the better games that Gville has played this year, but they rested several guys as well.

It was said that Albritton was sacked 4-5 times tonight. I only remember once.

Either way, we're moving on to get ready to play JB or Whitwell. 

As far as SP, they may have more athletes, but that's been the case before, and we won. We just want to get the chance to play.

1 minute ago, croz6110 said:

This wasn't one of the better games that Gville has played this year, but they rested several guys as well.

As far as SP, they may have more athletes, but that's been the case before, and we won. We just want to get the chance to play.

Croz we have a potential tough matchup round 2 and if we can get by Clay I fully expect a four quarter battle for round 3.  Just about every Sp Gordonsville game has been worth the price of admission and I expect the same this season 

1 minute ago, croz6110 said:

I think Whitwell is capable of making an interesting game with you guys, that is if they make it. They do have some good players, but I doubt they will have enough to beat you guys. 

2 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

You got an easy path to make it to the quarterfinals. The tigers always play SP tough.