1A and 2A FAVORITES FOR THE CHOO CHOO BOWL

footballover

On 11/2/2021 at 1:49 PM, croz6110 said:

I think Mckenzie has shown they're the team to beat in the West. No disrespect to Peabody or Fayetteville, and all have been good, but Mckenzie seems to have been more consistent this year. They don't have the headscratching scores like the other two. No one else in the West will come close to these 3.

In the East, of course I'm going to say Gordonsville. But, I think realistically, there's only 3 teams in the East with a chance; Gville, SP, and Clay.

Final Answer: Mckenzie vs. Gordonsville

What good team did McKenzie beat besides Huntingdon in Week 1?

35 minutes ago, footballover said:

What good team did McKenzie beat besides Huntingdon in Week 1?

Good is a relative term. We scheduled 3A and 4 A schools. Believe it or not, it is sometime hard to get teams to play us.  Going up against a Chester Co, Obion County (who has a 1000 yard rusher) prepares you way more than playing a weak region schedule. 

On 11/1/2021 at 3:15 AM, RHSPanther15 said:

Agree to disagree I guess, having two starting O-Line man out one Of which being the center who was replaced by a freshman who’s high snaps resulted in 3 sacks and 1 fumble while they were driving and inside the 5 really changed the game for Riverside, not to mention the first play of the game which was a failed trick play that resulted in a fumble and gifting a touchdown. I think the out come would have been different if Riverside fields a healthy team and has a different play call first play of the game.

Regardless, to say that a fully healthy Riverside has nothing for huntington while only losing by 12 a few weeks ago in my opinion is naïve, can’t comment on Westview because they are a completely different team than anything Riverside has seen so far this season but I would take them over anybody in the west side of the bracket based solely on having one of the best QBs to ever play in the state.

Im not convinced that Riverside beats East Hickman a second time the way they are playing right now. 6 of 7 games they have won and put up 40+ in each of them. If you get them again, you might be packing it up for basketball early.

2 hours ago, Vandychris said:

Im not convinced that Riverside beats East Hickman a second time the way they are playing right now. 6 of 7 games they have won and put up 40+ in each of them. If you get them again, you might be packing it up for basketball early.

Yes East Hickman did give them all they wanted that game. But a lackluster performance combined w Eagles big (lucky) plays made for a weird night. East Hickman is a fighter but don’t want RHS another game 

On 11/2/2021 at 10:32 PM, croz6110 said:

You mentioned the Huntingdon game, and Red Bank doesn't fall into the headscratcher category.

For Fayetteville, the Cornersville game is a big time head scratcher for me. Clay beat Cornersville soundly while City struggled. I know a team can have an off game, but I feel that Mckenzie has been more consistently dominant.

@Tide21 touched on the Huntingdon game, so I will not. 

Cornersville has always been a thorn in Fayetteville's side, particularly playing at Cornersville. However, the game wasn't as close as the score would indicate. Cornersville was in the redzone at least 5 times and never scored a single point - their one TD came from the defense. Fayetteville had 3 or 4 TDs called back due to penalties - part of the game, but still, there were Cornersville fans and faculty at the game that commented on the one-sidedness of the penalties being called. Fayetteville's defense held them to 137 total yards (19 rushing, 118 passing), 2-9 3rd down conversions, and again, in the redzone 5 times without a single point. so the score is a "head scratcher," but the game was not.

• Like 1

Imo Peabody is still the team to beat in the West in 1A. Everyone has kind of wrote them off since they lost to Huntingdon. That loss might be the best thing to happen to Peabody. Oh and everyone keeps saying Peabody has a cakewalk to the semifinals. Peabody will have a stiff challenge in the quarterfinals from Lake County. Everyone has wrote Lake County off also but the Falcons are very capable of playing with the best 1A teams in the west. When it's all said and done Lake County is a top 6 team in 1A. With all that said I expect a Peabody and McKenzie semifinal match up with Peabody winning a close one.