TC hosts Tyner

tcjacket13

34 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

It’s kind of strange to me that all this disrespect for the coaches from the players and Blake sucks comments are just coming out after Watertown beats y’all???

I didn’t hear a peep of this when y’all were sitting there 8-0 and demolishing Gordy, Smith and Macon.

Judging by the empty seats you had Friday… I would bet it’s a TC fan problem you have… not a coaching issue!

This same coach you guys are downing took you to the semis 2 yrs in a row!! 

If you look back at my posts I’ve been critical of b satt since day one for putting a sloppy team on the field. Probably too hard on the guy for a small town high school coach but in 19 and 20 the team was really sloppy early. Remember the 5 turnovers and 11 penalties in the 2019 Watertown game only to lose by three in overtime? To his credit, they cleaned it up last year as the season went on. This year, they were much better on the turnovers until last Friday but still too many penalties esp personal fouls which is a discipline thing. Against Macon a player got called for targeting and taunting on the same play, two 15 yarders!   

3 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

If you look back at my posts I’ve been critical of b satt since day one for putting a sloppy team on the field. Probably too hard on the guy for a small town high school coach but in 19 and 20 the team was really sloppy early. Remember the 5 turnovers and 11 penalties in the 2019 Watertown game only to lose by three in overtime? To his credit, they cleaned it up last year as the season went on. This year, they were much better on the turnovers until last Friday but still too many penalties esp personal fouls which is a discipline thing. Against Macon a player got called for targeting and taunting on the same play, two 15 yarders!   

I will say this and I’ll leave this alone… Be careful what you ask for. TC has a coach ( hometown guy) who has gotten them to the semis each year and to be perfectly frank has beat a team that they’ve lost to in the regular season 2 yrs in a row ( last year we were much more talented than y’all as well)

You may get someone in there who is nowhere near as invested as Blake and have a nightmare on your hand for several yrs! Does TN ring a bell?

I understand the expectation to win the Gold Ball each year, but you guys are competing which is a lot better than it could be if you get the wrong guy in there!

3 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I will say this and I’ll leave this alone… Be careful what you ask for. TC has a coach ( hometown guy) who has gotten them to the semis each year and to be perfectly frank has beat a team that they’ve lost to in the regular season 2 yrs in a row ( last year we were much more talented than y’all as well)

You may get someone in there who is nowhere near as invested as Blake and have a nightmare on your hand for several yrs! Does TN ring a bell?

I understand the expectation to win the Gold Ball each year, but you guys are competing which is a lot better than it could be if you get the wrong guy in there!

Also, remember that more than likely your TC kids are reading these post and if they are seeing the disrespect from fans and parents then I would assume their thoughts would be why should we respect him!!!!

2 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Oh I get it. If I’m counting correctly, he’s 30-6 in his three years!   Will finish this season either 30-7 or 31-7 in three years. 

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

If you had our versatility in passing you would have been really hard to beat this year with no injuries. That's what makes us so hard to beat. We really are a good passing team when we need to be. We aren't bad at running either. Not tooting our own horn but I said it before our game on this thread. It's easy to defend either the run or a pass in scheming but it's hard to do both at the same time.

I agree!

5 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

no, you haven't.

You stuck up for the program, and now it's in fashion to bash it, so just shut up and go away.

5 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Spot on. The salary here ain’t great. 

2 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Spot on. The salary here ain’t great. 

BS is making 65 plus a year as AD, which is generous for the amount of work he actually does.   He's getting paid more per year than the coach at Lebanon High, Watertown, and about on par with coach Creasy at Oakland, so try again.  80% of the teachers in his system make below 40 grand a year.

Money is not the hurdle to a good coach there, it's the people.

2 hours ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

BS is making 65 plus a year as AD, which is generous for the amount of work he actually does.   He's getting paid more per year than the coach at Lebanon High, Watertown, and about on par with coach Creasy at Oakland, so try again.  80% of the teachers in his system make below 40 grand a year.

Money is not the hurdle to a good coach there, it's the people.

I would bet money that creasy makes a lot more than 65k

11 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

That is what losses usually do, figure out what you need to do better.  We played as poorly as we could have friday and lost by 3 scores.  If we are 100% I would bet that score might be a little closer, if not then we have no shot, we will be able to tell the next week or so.

I have said that the game was closer than the score but now for a couple days Marion County has been saying how they played the worst game they could have played.

Meigs made a lot of mistakes also. Our first possession we drove it down to the one or two yard line on first down and should have easily punched that in. Marion County's Defense stood up right there thanks in part to our play calling but your guys held us and got the ball back for your offense who strung together some nice runs.

Meigs outplayed Marion. They were busting through the line. #8 Ben Smith saw that sweep going to # 8 on 3rd and 8 I think it was and hit him in the backfield for a roughly 7 or 8 yard loss. He had no chance. That it's how most of the game played out.  I had said these seniors # 1,2,3, 8, 15, 19, 26, 77 were going to show up. Im probably missing several more key contributors. They do every week. This Meigs team more balanced all around. 

Meigs could have also added another score or two possibly. As easily as you say it could have been one way it could have been the other. Meigs could have won 34 to 0.meigs was content with running clock and punting fourth quarter.

Total yards Meigs 270 I think and Marion around 130.

Marion only got over midfield one time entire game folks. Furthest they got was the 27 yard line.

# 8 for Meigs is special. That kid is all business. He just wants to hit somebody.

With Taye they are different animal. It would have been a different game wit hi.. running the ball. Maybe Marion even pulls out the W but all that worst game they played nonsense is a little stretch. Meigs was the reason for that.

Edited by Tiger2

4 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

I have said that the game was closer than the score but now for a couple days Marion County has been saying how they played the worst game they could have played.

Meigs made a lot of mistakes also. Our first possession we drove it down to the one or two yard line on first down and should have easily punched that in. Marion County's Defense stood up right there thanks in part to our play calling but your guys held us and got the ball back for your offense who strung together some nice runs.

Meigs outplayed Marion. They were busting through the line. #8 Ben Smith saw that sweep going to # 8 on 3rd and 8 I think it was and hit him in the backfield for a roughly 7 or 8 yard loss. He had no chance. That it's how most of the game played out.  I had said these seniors # 1,2,3, 8, 15, 19, 26, 77 were going to show up. Im probably missing several more key contributors. They do every week. This Meigs team more balanced all around. 

Meigs could have also added another score or two possibly. As easily as you say it could have been one way it could have been the other. Meigs could have won 34 to 0.meigs was content with running clock and punting fourth quarter.

Total yards Meigs 270 I think and Marion around 130.

Marion only got over midfield one time entire game folks. Furthest they got was the 27 yard line.

# 8 for Meigs is special. That kid is all business. He just wants to hit somebody.

With Taye they are different animal. It would have been a different game wit hi.. running the ball. Maybe Marion even pulls out the W but all that worst game they played nonsense is a little stretch. Meigs was the reason for that.

That's what I said in an earlier post. That was the worst performance I've seen all year. Meigs had a lot to do with it though. Just too many mistakes early coupled with Taye getting hurt put us behind the 8 ball. I believe Taye makes a difference in the game but I can't say we win if he's healthy. Meigs should represent the East easily.

• CoachT locked this topic