Monterey heads to Hampton

uknoit2

2 minutes ago, WILDCAT4LIFE said:

I don't know much about Hampton I have heard y'all's line is pretty good if Monterey plays to our potential we are pretty decent team 

Y’all will match up well I believe. Hampton has a good team most every year, I’m sure this year is no different. I have a few sources up in Carter county. I don’t think I’m giving much away when I say expect a big line and a hard nosed back or two. It all starts and stops with the QB. If he’s bottled up and the pocket isn’t clean it hurts their offense a lot. They’ve got talent but the QB makes them go. Your D line could be hard for them to stop IMO. I’d say roll outs will be the order of the day for them. That could hurt more than help. Much like your QB he is dangerous on the move. I expect a lower scoring game than I think most will call for. I’d say 21-24 will do it. 

1 minute ago, WILDCAT4LIFE said:

I hope it's a good game it's a almost 3 hr drive for us 

It’s at least 3 hours for everyone lol

do yourself a favor. Leave early morning if you can and get there midday. Go spend some time up around Watauga lake. Beautiful area up there. Roan mountain is very pretty especially about now I’d say. It’s a cool place to look around for a few hours before a game. 

Edited by crow

5 minutes ago, WILDCAT4LIFE said:

Lol true good luck to y'all crow I will be pulling for y'all 

I think we’ll be ok round one but unless York pulls off an upset I’d say we’ll have our hands full with SG in round 2. Good luck to y’all as well. Hampton is a tough bunch and I haven’t saw them this season but I know them well. If y’all play you can definitely go up there and get a win but it’s a tough environment but y’all can matchup well with them. I spoke to several of your fans and they seemed a little taken aback by the atmosphere at our place. Hampton is very similar to Oneida as far as environment. Both communities are passionate about their teams and are not afraid to show it. Make no mistake you can win but it’ll take a tremendous effort and a complete game to do so IMO. 

Edited by crow

Just now, WILDCAT4LIFE said:

Thanks for the insight I may leave early I hope it's not raining I can handle cold but not rain 

Do so for sure. Stop around elizabethton and grab some grub or message some of the Hamptonites about local grub. Kinda like us if you don’t know where to go you probably won’t find much. Hampton has some good guys on here. They’ll treat you outstanding before and after the game but a lot like us they are not you friends for a couple hours in between. 

2 minutes ago, crow said:

I think we’ll be ok round one but unless York pulls off an upset I’d say we’ll have our hands full with SG in round 2. Good luck to y’all as well. Hampton is a tough bunch and I haven’t saw them this season but I know them well. If y’all play you can definitely go up there and get a win but it’s a tough environment but y’all can matchup well with them. I spoke to several of your fans and they seemed a little taken aback by the atmosphere at our place. Hampton is very similar to Oneida as far as environment. Both communities are passionate about their teams and are not afraid to show it. Make no mistake you can win but it’ll take a tremendous effort and a complete game to do so IMO. 

Thanks crow yeah we loved y'all's place it was beautiful