Monterey heads to Hampton

uknoit2

1 minute ago, crow said:

He did alright in college once he got an opportunity. Never was gonna make a living with it but got an education and proved he could do it. Yeah we’ve saw this thing play out a few times. Don’t reckon it’ll be the worst disaster I’ve faced if we get beat by CG, SG, Monterey, Rockwood, Hampton, Meigs, TC, Tyner or any of a dozen others I’ve left out. Been blessed to have been involved in it as much as I’ve been allowed to be. I love the game but there’s bigger fish to fry than that gold ball in the big picture. Y’all know that as well as I do. Just gotta coach ‘em hard and love ‘em harder. I know you know the ole loud defensive minded coach that said that A LOT lol. It’ll be a fun week. 

Thats it in a nutshell. Always fun to win but getting beat by a better team is not a big deal either.  Pretty hard for us ole Country teams to have the best talent as it goes along.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Thats it in a nutshell. Always fun to win but getting beat by a better team is not a big deal either.  Pretty hard for us ole Country teams to have the best talent as it goes along.

Yep, just like y’all even when we’re fast, we ain’t all that fast :roflol:

2 hours ago, crow said:

Yep, just like y’all even when we’re fast, we ain’t all that fast :roflol:

Watched a little film and we will have to play, Monterey is not a bad team at all. And no we are never real fast. Had a few teams with a little speed but nothing like you see in the later rounds of the playoffs.

11 hours ago, pujo said:

Watched a little film and we will have to play, Monterey is not a bad team at all. And no we are never real fast. Had a few teams with a little speed but nothing like you see in the later rounds of the playoffs.

Yep they’re a really good team and remember their York score was very similar to ours. Definitely not a route. That RB is dangerous as a cocked gun. QB has arm for days. WR’s are athletic but subject to the droppsies (ours to I’m not judging, I’m reporting observations). Got an Army commit on the line (55 maybe?) and just a good line. Backers flow to the ball very good. Secondary is a bit suspect to certain matchups and route combinations but overall just a very good team. Should be a good one to watch. 

41 minutes ago, crow said:

Yep they’re a really good team and remember their York score was very similar to ours. Definitely not a route. That RB is dangerous as a cocked gun. QB has arm for days. WR’s are athletic but subject to the droppsies (ours to I’m not judging, I’m reporting observations). Got an Army commit on the line (55 maybe?) and just a good line. Backers flow to the ball very good. Secondary is a bit suspect to certain matchups and route combinations but overall just a very good team. Should be a good one to watch. 

I watched the link of Hampton and DB.  The dogs better start playing with some intensity or they'll go home.  

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

I watched the link of Hampton and DB.  The dogs better start playing with some intensity or they'll go home.  

Not our best effort for sure but we didn't go full bore either, you also have to realize  that Boone was leading Betsy in the 4th quarter and give Science hill a fit.  We moved the chains for the most part but penalties kept putting us behind the chains. But yeah ,It'll take a lot of effort to win this week.

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

This should be a great game, almost everyone had Monterey winning the region after they put a beating on Rockwood. But then Oneida had to lose to Rockwood and then beat Monterey lol. I’ll go with the home team 21-14

Rockwood jumped on us early and we just couldn’t catch up. Slow start cost us big in that one for sure. York gave Rockwood a scare and both ours and Monterey’s wins over York were similar margins (2 possession wins). York underperformed but not a big gap 1-4 really. Quad 1 is heavy on good teams but I don’t see a true contender in the bunch. All have their own major deficits in one area or another that keeps us all out of the great team category IMO. 

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Not our best effort for sure but we didn't go full bore either, you also have to realize  that Boone was leading Betsy in the 4th quarter and give Science hill a fit.  We moved the chains for the most part but penalties kept putting us behind the chains. But yeah ,It'll take a lot of effort to win this week.

I actually thought you were as good as them but it may be the smart play not getting in a dogfight before the playoffs. 

20 hours ago, crow said:

He did alright in college once he got an opportunity. Never was gonna make a living with it but got an education and proved he could do it. Yeah we’ve saw this thing play out a few times. Don’t reckon it’ll be the worst disaster I’ve faced if we get beat by CG, SG, Monterey, Rockwood, Hampton, Meigs, TC, Tyner or any of a dozen others I’ve left out. Been blessed to have been involved in it as much as I’ve been allowed to be. I love the game but there’s bigger fish to fry than that gold ball in the big picture. Y’all know that as well as I do. Just gotta coach ‘em hard and love ‘em harder. I know you know the ole loud defensive minded coach that said that A LOT lol. It’ll be a fun week. 

Post of the year sir.

21 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I actually thought you were as good as them but it may be the smart play not getting in a dogfight before the playoffs. 

The game didn't mean a thing and we sure didn't want to go into the playoffs beat to death. They would have been hard to beat regardless of what we did. Boone has one of the best defenses in upper East Tn.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

The game didn't mean a thing and we sure didn't want to go into the playoffs beat to death. They would have been hard to beat regardless of what we did. Boone has one of the best defenses in upper East Tn.

It's great that we survived Boone with everyone healthy. Now it's a new season and everyone is 0 and 0. It is time to play at full bore or go to the dribbling game. I'd rather see the Dogs make a run though.