Greeneville vs South Doyle 1st round

BatmanDevil

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

His Quote was " On Friday at 7pm we are going to show up and play- and were excited. We don't have to be the best team, just the best team in Friday Night. We will have to play the best we've played, without a doubt".  Which i would expect any coach to say.  You also left out the Quote were Coach Duncan said "In my 41 years of coaching they (Greeneville) are as good and complete football team as I've seen on any level". "They have it all.  If they have a weakness I can't find one"

Coach Duncan coached Greeneville's head coach at Powell and gave Spradlen his first assistant coaching gig at SD  from 04-06 and then he became the DB's coach at Greeneville my Senior Year in 07.  Both talk to each other regularly

I was not at all going to bore everyone just like that. And the rest was not very important so I gave the part that he's probably most Interested in; the fact they need not give up it's still who plays the best game will win no matter how good you may think you are. It has happened many times so I see what he is trying to convey. Smarty paints....:geek:

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

I say that because i've seen both teams play in person and just being real with you.  The same way I was real when Betsy had our number the previous 2 years

Well for both of us it's Going to get real... Really soon starting Friday night....

And it's No secret who you are pulling for....Good Smuk....and Go.... South Doyle haha lol ;-)

On 11/1/2021 at 9:48 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

Green machine already beat Betsy...same old show...and frankly some us are getting tired of these two teams playing the playoff. It is like when no one was Beating Bama many fans were sick of it and did something about it now Bama is beatable by many teams...Oh and Yeah....and we beat SD... either way SD or Greeneville...at least if it's SD I think we would be at home... But I personally can't wait!!! So excit...So excit.. :flower:

are you joking! There are not many teams that can beat Bama this year! Texas AM was a fluke. Mac, your team will get shut out again this year. Sorry!

1 hour ago, BigBama42 said:

are you joking! There are not many teams that can beat Bama this year! Texas AM was a fluke. Mac, your team will get shut out again this year. Sorry!

Just my perspective on Bama this year.I don't think they are as strong as some of their championship years but it seems like a lot of other teams are not that powerful this year either.I seen the Texas A&M game and it would be a hard crowd for any team to play in front of.Now,Bama will have to beat a darn good Georgia team to even make the playoffs .The system is far better then the old days when politics and bowls ruled who was voted champs but I'd like to see the playoffs extended to eight or more teams.Then those Cinderella schools who beat one or two good teams could be there and good teams that play a  tough schedule could lose two games and also be there.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Just my perspective on Bama this year.I don't think they are as strong as some of their championship years but it seems like a lot of other teams are not that powerful this year either.I seen the Texas A&M game and it would be a hard crowd for any team to play in front of.Now,Bama will have to beat a darn good Georgia team to even make the playoffs .The system is far better then the old days when politics and bowls ruled who was voted champs but I'd like to see the playoffs extended to eight or more teams.Then those Cinderella schools who beat one or two good teams could be there and good teams that play a  tough schedule could lose two games and also be there.

I agree! Bama messed up, but control their on destiny. Win your in, lose and you get to play in chips ahoy bowl! Good luck to both Elizabethton and Greeneville! May we meet again in a few weeks!

On 10/30/2021 at 3:36 PM, noonesfool said:

South Doyle’s coaching staff is solid. Head Coach Clark Duncan who was a generational back at Unicoi County in the mid / late 70’s is excellent. An assistant Jay Whinery is a strong coach as well. We were unable to create a permanent position for him when he coached at Greeneville. I would guess they will give us some different looks on D.

Whinery doesn't coach there anymore

12 hours ago, Swipes said:

In my opinion it would be between Haywood, Tullahoma, or PC.  This Greeneville team in my opinion is better than the Betsy team that won State last year just with how diverse and fast they are and no real weakness.  How much has the West improved from last years 4TD loss in the championship game is the bigger question fans from the East want to know?  I believe Greeneville would be at least a 2-3 TD Favorite against any team from the West and was the 2nd best team last year in 4a losing to Betsy at Betsy by a FG. 

Both of these programs have pushed each other over the last 10 years to become and maintain the level of success they have had, it doesn't hurt that they have been Rivals since 1924 and in the same conference the past 5 years

From first hand the  teams I’ve seen improve have been Haywood and Hardin county and tullahoma. This is the best defense Haywood has had in 26 years dating back to the 14-1 season in 94-95

5 hours ago, BigBama42 said:

Well many teams can. As before actually no team could beat Bama in my opinion. 

I am not betting the bank just yet. If we can get the QB back 3rd round we would be almost good as new.