Fayetteville City takes on Gleason, Rd-1

Varo

13 hours ago, Varo said:

What can the Tiger faithful expect from the visiting Gleason High Bulldogs?  Their won/loss record seems to blow hot or cold--sometimes scoring, sometimes not.  

They are not so much hot and cold as it is the step up or down in competition, I can say they lost to a really mediocre west Carroll, WC has a inflated record from a very weak schedule, I don’t see city missing a lick in this game, Gleason will play hard and are much improved but the end result is invetiable !!! I hope that’s not taken as hatin on Gleason it is just the way I see it ! 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

Is jackson still injured ? 

released to play last week, went down in the first half and didn't come back. still waiting to hear for this week. number 1 (johnson) is a really good running back, too. different style...jackson weaves, johnson will run you over. number 7 pace is another one that goes in sometimes.

18 hours ago, jtm52k said:

released to play last week, went down in the first half and didn't come back. still waiting to hear for this week. number 1 (johnson) is a really good running back, too. different style...jackson weaves, johnson will run you over. number 7 pace is another one that goes in sometimes.

This is no knock on jackson or the Johnson kid but #7 is the best back on that team that kid is a stud he should get the ball 20 plus times a game.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, TheSkipBayless said:

This is no knock on jackson or the Johnson kid but #7 is the best back on that team that kid is a stud he should get the ball 20 plus times a game.  

I've known the Pace family for a long time. Those boys were some of the toughest kids I've known - like steel ball bearings wrapped in rubber. That kid takes hits and keeps running like it's no one's business. He is an amazing back and I'd love for him to have more carries, but I think they try to balance that with his defensive responsibilities. He's a really good linebacker, too.

Edited by jtm52k
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Tatface said:

How’s the new kid working out?

Which one?  The new RB from Hoover, AL?  We have so many it's hard to keep up with.

Just kidding.  The kid from Huntland is the only transfer I can think of during this season.  He seems to be fitting in with the team and making some plays.  

• Like 1

City takes this one. Gleason is a small school in a small rural town. I don’t know the numbers but it has to be one of the smaller schools to field a team. For them to make playoff is an accomplishment in my book. Lots of history in girls basketball. It sure don’t have the population of Fayetteville to pick kids from. I drove through and it was so much bigger than I expected. Very nice downtown. A long drive from Gleason.

• Like 1

That old adage about any team can beat any other team on any given night always holds true. When Dresden was defending champs, going undefeated then in next year a one loss season, we were expected to at least make it to finals again. But a “mediocre” , more losses than wins Memphis team, Hillcrest Vikings, came to Dresden & beat us 6-0. I still am baffled how that happened. But surprises & huge upsets happens almost every week. Being our neighbors a few miles away I am pulling for the underdog Bulldogs to shock the world & be a giant slayer Friday. Hey.. it can happen. Probably won’t, but this IS football where anything can & does happen. May it be an injury free game for both and may both teams play 100% hitting on all cylinders. Good luck to both, but with an extra added heaping portion dished out to Gleason. 

22 hours ago, GreatTiger said:

Which one?  The new RB from Hoover, AL?  We have so many it's hard to keep up with.

Just kidding.  The kid from Huntland is the only transfer I can think of during this season.  He seems to be fitting in with the team and making some plays.  

"big plays" is an understatement. that kid tackles harder than some guys twice his size.