Bearden open

HTV

2 hours ago, edwardblake said:

According to the KCS website they have posted jobs for head baseball, head football, head track, head cheer twice, and softball three times....... just this year. Thank goodness West has one of the best admins around, I'd hate that much turnover. Coach McNish does a great job at West with the baseball program. First class all the way.

Yeah, the softball situation over there has been a mess, ever since that booster club debacle from 5 years ago.

23 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

How do like that parking and traffic pattern?  

The parking situation is so bad about getting out that one should tailgate after the game instead of before. You can grill a steak and eat it and still get done faster than getting out of that parking lot that is if you can handle the sewer smell. The sun right in your eyes was my first turnoff when I went there then it didn't take long for the rest to sink in. There are a lot of nice places to eat nearby is it's only saving grace but I didn't go to the massacre Maryville put on them three weeks ago and chose to watch it on my phone. 

36 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I'm not sure which is worse - The view from the visitor bleachers or the pressbox view before the sun sets.

At least you can see something from the visitors bleachers.  

You can't see squat from the press box before the sun goes down. 

Same goes for Karns.  

I think Bearden has the potential for being a pretty good job and they have some tradition and have had some fine coaches over there like Bill Young and Bill Wilson, they might need a little more admin support but I don't know for sure, seems like the coach that just left was pretty good too. Bearden has to get over the "can't beat Farragut syndrome" even in years when they are better, they find ways to lose to the Admirals, Hope they find a good guy,

• Like 1