Bearden open

HTV

18 hours ago, FHSAlum12 said:

I am sure that Bearden is in no rush to get this done IMO. I missed on this thread last week thinking Miner was headed to BHS but figured he would be a HC before too long. This Bearden search is much quieter than I assumed it would be. One interesting note is that BHS knew before the season was over that their HC was stepping down according to an article that interviewed the AD. Hard to believe there hasn't been more movement. At the end of the day, football matters some places and doesn't other placed.

I wonder if they have someone lined up already and their current team is still playing? Could have made a decision already and just waiting for _____________ to finish up. 

8 minutes ago, Drifter1987 said:

I wonder if they have someone lined up already and their current team is still playing? Could have made a decision already and just waiting for _____________ to finish up. 

If they were hiring someone on staff, it would've been done by now, IMO.

So the teams still playing around East TN (Knoxville) are:

5A

West... Barron Chandler?

Central... ?

Powell.... maybe Josh Jones?

6A

Maryville.. (none of them are leaving)

Farragut (none of them are going to Bearden)

3A

Alcoa (none of them are leaving)

Loudon... Harig has already tried the West Knoxville experiment

My dark horse is Rusty Bradley.

Edited by FHSAlum12
clearer sentence structure

8 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

5A

West... Barron Chandler?

Central... ?

6A

3A

I still wonder how they do this given the lack of faculty openings. That's going to be interesting to see play out.

6 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

5A

West... Barron Chandler?

Central... ?

6A

3A

Jones is an interesting name. What about Partin? I know he has put in for a few before. Is the former DC at SD ready to come back to Knoxville after a year away? 

Why would Bradley leave Webb and try his hand in the public school realm? Stranger things have happened tho.

1 minute ago, KnoxVil said:

Jones is an interesting name. What about Partin? I know he has put in for a few before. Is the former DC at SD ready to come back to Knoxville after a year away? 

Why would Bradley leave Webb and try his hand in the public school realm? Stranger things have happened tho.

3 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I still wonder how they do this given the lack of faculty openings. That's going to be interesting to see play out.

Agreed that a lack of faculty openings will make this difficult and probably rules out guys like Partin/Whinery. I imagine that a Bradley/Josh Jones type hire would be more likely if you take that into consideration.

32 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

HTV would know. I believe you can be a TA, but I think you have to have some kind of certification either way.

In the past head football coaches have been certified teachers, but there is no hard rule from what I have been told. Given the lack of available teaching positions I could see it going that way this  time, but with TA and coaching supplement pay so low it would have to be somebody with a decent source of outside income, IMO. 

and it's very unlikely that Rusty Bradley has any interest at all. He is in a good position at Webb. 

31 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

You need new sources if you think that is still the case

If all they have available is a TA position, the booster club will have to supplement his pay in order to attract an outside candidate (Rusty Bradley). That is how things work in these situations. Unless, they plan to hire someone on the current staff but from what I have read in this thread, Shinlever didn't have much help this year.

Just now, FHSAlum12 said:

If all they have available is a TA position, the booster club will have to supplement his pay in order to attract an outside candidate (Rusty Bradley). That is how things work in these situations. Unless, they plan to hire someone on the current staff but from what I have read in this thread, Shinlever didn't have much help this year.

That how things used to work, but not any longer. 

Knox County Schools have taken the reins of booster club bank accounts, and what coaches can be "supplemented" through the booster clubs is very limited, now. 

New and different day.