Bearden open

HTV

3 minutes ago, 5AfballFan said:

Interesting. The current DC would be a great choice. He's young, but his defense did a great job. He's also a fine young man. My son played with Mickey at West many years ago and we thought highly of him.

Speaking of West, Scott Cummings should also be a top prospect. He knows how to build up a program and has tremendous success in multiple schools.

The two of them on the same staff would be dynamite! 

Two names I keep see coming up in different coaching searches are Rusty Bradley and Scott Cummings. Are they both offensive minded? Bearden has run the spread the last few years, how does that compare with these two coaches. If Mickey? would stay with the hire of an offensive minded guy, that would definitely be interesting. 

4 minutes ago, RPohnO said:

Two names I keep see coming up in different coaching searches are Rusty Bradley and Scott Cummings. Are they both offensive minded? Bearden has run the spread the last few years, how does that compare with these two coaches. If Mickey? would stay with the hire of an offensive minded guy, that would definitely be interesting. 

If they hire an out of school guy they will not keep either coordinator IMO. They'll start from scratch considering they're 8-12 over the last 2 seasons. 

11 minutes ago, 5AfballFan said:

Interesting. The current DC would be a great choice. He's young, but his defense did a great job. He's also a fine young man. My son played with Mickey at West many years ago and we thought highly of him.

Speaking of West, Scott Cummings should also be a top prospect. He knows how to build up a program and has tremendous success in multiple schools.

The two of them on the same staff would be dynamite! 

Doubtful Bearden goes with anyone from the Shinlever staff. Again, I’m hearing this is Josh Jones job to turn down. My sons went to West in the late 90’s by the way. Go Rebels!

4 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

If they hire an out of school guy they will not keep either coordinator IMO. They'll start from scratch considering they're 8-12 over the last 2 seasons. 

Agreed. I do not see an internal hire and certainly do not see the new hire keeping any coordinator in that same position. They may have to keep them on staff for numbers but will not keep someone calling an offense or defense from with an underperforming record.

43 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

I am just saying that there is not a policy keeping that from happening. @HTV would know better than me. But, I think it would take a special administrator willing to do something like that.

Human resources downtown would have to sign off on it too.  In today's KCS,  I think the chances of a HC being hired with no teaching credentials is slim to none.

I don't think Rusty B. would leave a 100K job to coach in a public.  Even if he were a licensed teacher that would be roughly a 50 per cent pay cut.  Would the private pay him to teach there but coach elsewhere?  Unlikely.  Just don't see him as a candidate here.  

Edited by oridgecat

4 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I don't think Rusty B. would leave a 100K job to coach in a public.  Even if he were a licensed teacher that would be roughly a 50 per cent pay cut.  Would the private pay him to teach and coach elsewhere?  Unlikely.  Just don't see him as a candidate here.  

Back to the brain trust that's already on staff? :roflol:

13 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Not so fast Fox! All people want to talk about are locals. You may have out of state coaches or coaches from surrounding counties wanting to come to the area. 

I'm sure Bearden will put together an all-star cast panel to interview coaches that would better fit the cast of an Adam Sandler movie.

• Upvote 1