Bearden open

HTV

28 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I don't think Rusty B. would leave a 100K job to coach in a public.  Even if he were a licensed teacher that would be roughly a 50 per cent pay cut.  Would the private pay him to teach and coach elsewhere?  Unlikely.  Just don't see him as a candidate here.  

What in the h3ll are you talking about. $100,000 to call 85% of the plays at Webb? The team has 32 players. I know it's got a ton of money, but that just seems absolutely crazy. This isn't Atlanta/Texas

Just now, PostingGawd39 said:

What in the h3ll are you talking about. $100,000 to call 85% of the plays at Webb? The team has 32 players. I know it's got a ton of money, but that just seems absolutely crazy. This isn't Atlanta/Texas

I was repeating what another poster already posted.  I assumed he was teaching and coaching at Webb which would pay in that range. don't need a license to teach in a private)  I guess I don't know his situation very well.  sorry bout that

19 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Not so fast Fox! All people want to talk about are locals. You may have out of state coaches or coaches from surrounding counties wanting to come to the area. 

Come to Knoxville. We don't have a teaching position to offer you. We'd like you to play nice with the current football staff. We can't pay you very well. Oh and you need to beat Maryville, Bradley, and Farragut on a consistent basis. This sounds like a dream come true for any out of state hire!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RPohnO said:

Come to Knoxville. We don't have a teaching position to offer you. We'd like you to play nice with the current football staff. We can't pay you very well. Oh and you need to beat Maryville, Bradley, and Farragut on a consistent basis. This sounds like a dream come true for any out of state hire!!

Exactly.  Good luck with that. 

3 minutes ago, RPohnO said:

Sounds like a winning recipe! This will be Powell and John Allen 2.0.

1 minute ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Sounds like a winning recipe! This will be Powell and John Allen 2.0.

oh lord.  Remember when he made the team stand on the other side of the fence with the spectators?  I believe that was a Thursday Night Game of the Week against Halls.  I have never seen anything like that in sport ever.  What a disaster.  Who made that hire? Geez

1 minute ago, oridgecat said:

oh lord.  Remember when he made the team stand on the other side of the fence with the spectators?  I believe that was a Thursday Night Game of the Week against Halls.  I have never seen anything like that in sport ever.  What a disaster.  Who made that hire? Geez

Please elaborate this sounds outrageous