Bearden open

HTV

11 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Those Beaumont kids used to find their way to Central High School under Joel. Not to mention a QB that lived in Powell that would have went on to play baseball in Colorado. He would now be zoned for Karns in 2021. 

Todd didn't live in Powell pretty sure he lived in Inskip and at the time was zoned for Central all the way up till 2009. Coach Helton and his family lived in Powell. If im not mistaken the area he lived in is still zoned for Powell not Karns if you go down to pleasant ridge that area is zoned for Karns. 

Just now, bigbird45 said:

Todd didn't live in Powell pretty sure he lived in Inskip and at the time was zoned for Central all the way up till 2009. Coach Helton and his family lived in Powell. If im not mistaken the area he lived in is still zoned for Powell not Karns if you go down to pleasant ridge that area is zoned for Karns. 

Went to his house many times on West Emory. His home was West Emory with Mom. Jerry might of had a place but his recruiting calls at night were going to his Powell number. 

4 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Went to his house many times on West Emory. His home was West Emory with Mom. Jerry might of had a place but his recruiting calls at night were going to his Powell number. 

Yes Jerry's place was in Inskip I did not she lived out there I thought after her and Jerry split she stayed the area of Inskip/Norwood. It was kind of a no brainer where he was going to go I mean go play for his uncle or go to Powell. Regardless everybody has reaped the rewards of getting a big time transfer. Blance brothers lived behind Central and ended up at Webb. Aaron Douglas lived in Halls and went to Maryville. My personal opinion it has gone on forever but it is more open today than the past.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bigbird45 said:

Yes Jerry's place was in Inskip I did not she lived out there I thought after her and Jerry split she stayed the area of Inskip/Norwood. It was kind of a no brainer where he was going to go I mean go play for his uncle or go to Powell. Regardless everybody has reaped the rewards of getting a big time transfer. Blance brothers lived behind Central and ended up at Webb. Aaron Douglas lived in Halls and went to Maryville. My personal opinion it has gone on forever but it is more open today than the past.

I thought Douglas was a Farragut transfer? Maybe I’m wrong though, but I swear I heard that before somewhere. Brent Burnette was a Halls kid originally (former Maryville QB), I’m pretty sure of that, and so was Nathan Cottrell for West, if I’m not mistaken.

42 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Tad I’m not gonna say Central has never got any transfers, that would be hypocritical and a lie. But Nobody can tell me Jones isn’t doing it illegally, I mean my god. Someone on here is ALREADY saying he’s getting a kid from Catholic and it’s NOT EVEN BEEN A WEEK! What kind of crooked crap is this? And I already know how he uses the Rocky Top stuff to his advantage. Everyone can hate me for speaking the truth, but it’s just that THE TRUTH. Just like YES, Central has gotten many transfers over the years, Josh Jones is recruiting players and his ethics in doing so are QUESTIONABLE. Not changing my opinion.

The kid from "Catholic" is a middle school QB.  He played for the rec team is all.  He is not a current Catholic player.   A lot of kids play for variouis middle school teams and never had any interest or desire to go to the HS that, that team fed.  So nothing illegal is happening here.  

• Like 1

Just now, keepitmoving said:

The kid from "Catholic" is a middle school QB.  He played for the rec team is all.  He is not a current Catholic player.   A lot of kids play for variouis middle school teams and never had any interest or desire to go to the HS that, that team fed.  So nothing illegal is happening here.  

Said earlier, that this would be the one I could see coming to Bearden. Moved to the area recently and lives in Bearden, plays like Potts did at that age. 

• Like 1