Bearden open

HTV

3 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

There is no issue on this one. Kid lives in Bearden school zone and goes to St. Joes right now. He'll be a nice piece for Josh and the passing game. 

Not to mention smart move for him.  Especially if he wants early playing time.  Cause the current QB at Catholic is the going to be the clear cut starter.  

Edited by keepitmoving
finish sentence.
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I thought Douglas was a Farragut transfer? Maybe I’m wrong though, but I swear I heard that before somewhere. Brent Burnette was a Halls kid originally (former Maryville QB), I’m pretty sure of that, and so was Nathan Cottrell for West, if I’m not mistaken.

No sir pretty sure Burnette and Aaron Douglas were Halls kids. Cottrell was a definite Halls kids. That’s when West started IBM program if I’m not mistaken.

1 hour ago, keepitmoving said:

The kid from "Catholic" is a middle school QB.  He played for the rec team is all.  He is not a current Catholic player.   A lot of kids play for variouis middle school teams and never had any interest or desire to go to the HS that, that team fed.  So nothing illegal is happening here.  

That kid’s mom and dad are both on Catholic’s coaching staff. Mom is an asst. VB coach and her daughter plays VB. Dad is the new softball coach. I’d be a little surprised at that move.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

I thought Douglas was a Farragut transfer? Maybe I’m wrong though, but I swear I heard that before somewhere. Brent Burnette was a Halls kid originally (former Maryville QB), I’m pretty sure of that, and so was Nathan Cottrell for West, if I’m not mistaken.

Aaron was actually zoned for Bearden which is fitting for this thread. He went to Webb until through middle school. Brent was a Halls kid. Aaron played youth football with CBFO. Ironically Coach Fulmer suggest to David Douglas that he leave Webb because running the Wing T wasn’t going to get him ready for the next level.

Edited by IrishBBall

17 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

Aaron was actually zoned for Bearden which is fitting for this thread. He went to Webb until through middle school. Brent was a Halls kid. Aaron played youth football with CBFO. Ironically Coach Fulmer suggest to David Douglas that he leave Webb because running the Wing T wasn’t going to get him ready for the next level.

Interesting. Thank you for the correction. I knew he wasn’t from Halls - Douglas, that is.

8 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Interesting. Thank you for the correction. I knew he wasn’t from Halls - Douglas, that is.

My son grew up playing with them from about 7 years old. I coached Aaron in basketball and my son played every other sport against both. I’ve know Aaron’s dad since our UT days and Brent’s dad since we were in high school. Still get sad thinking about the “What If” with Aaron.

Edited by IrishBBall
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

My son grew up playing with them from about 7 years old and I coached Aaron in basketball and he played every other sport against both. I’ve know Aaron’s dad since our UT days and Brent’s since we were in high school. Still get sad thinking about the “What If” with Aaron.

I agree. So much potential.

7 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

My son grew up playing with them from about 7 years old. I coached Aaron in basketball and my son played every other sport against both. I’ve know Aaron’s dad since our UT days and Brent’s dad since we were in high school. Still get sad thinking about the “What If” with Aaron.

every time is see gronkowski lumbering down the field it reminds me of Aaron.... big, athletic and powerful.  

4 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Yeah, it is just so refreshing to watch those guys play football.  There is hardly ever a missed assignment and they play each down like it could be their last.  I really enjoy that game.  And those uniforms are just next level cool.  

Definitely worth seeing in person if you have the chance.  I would pay just to see the Cadets march into the stadium.  Nobody marches like the Cadets.

4 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Your thinking of Dylan Jackson that went to Farragut then to Maryville. His dad told me personally he wanted him out of Farragut and a work associate that played for Maryville , UT and the Cowboys suggested they go look at Maryville if he wants out that bad. That's how he landed at Maryville. Brent Burnett's dad wanted his son out of Halls and moved the family to Maryville. I know him well also and both were wanting out bad enough to move to Maryville.