Bearden open

HTV

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:
2 hours ago, IrishBBall said:

My son grew up playing with them from about 7 years old. I coached Aaron in basketball and my son played every other sport against both. I’ve know Aaron’s dad since our UT days and Brent’s dad since we were in high school. Still get sad thinking about the “What If” with Aaron.

Thank you for the correction! Always heard over the years that he and Burnette were Halls kids. Aaron was special got to play against him in high school did not know a man that big could be light on his feet and that athletic.

10 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Your thinking of Dylan Jackson that went to Farragut then to Maryville. His dad told me personally he wanted him out of Farragut and a work associate that played for Maryville , UT and the Cowboys suggested they go look at Maryville if he wants out that bad. That's how he landed at Maryville. Brent Burnett's dad wanted his son out of Halls and moved the family to Maryville. I know him well also and both were wanting out bad enough to move to Maryville. 

Yeah, you’re right, it was Jackson. I got the 2 mixed up. 

Edited by SweetScience

3 minutes ago, billygoat said:

In other words, you're disappointed that the BHS administration made a better hire than HVA. Understandable. 

I guess that remains to be seen. Time will tell as far as that goes, but I do think Bearden made a good hire. I’ll be surprised if Josh doesn’t pull some really good players to Bearden. Call it what you will, but kids love playing for him, like they do for Lowe @ Powell.    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I guess that remains to be seen. Time will tell as far as that goes, but I do think Bearden made a good hire. I’ll be surprised if Josh doesn’t pull some really good players to Bearden. Call it what you will, but kids love playing for him, like they do for Lowe @ Powell.    

Agree on the remains to be seen part.

Just interesting to me that FHSalum mentions a few times how well the HVA admin handled their opening and then refers to the new BHS hire as a "bookie." Me thinks he dost protest too much.

11 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Agree on the remains to be seen part.

Just interesting to me that FHSalum mentions a few times how well the HVA admin handled their opening and then refers to the new BHS hire as a "bookie." Me thinks he dost protest too much.

Pretty clear that the Jeff Miner hire is a home run compared to Jones. He’s been a high school coach for nearly two decades at one of the premier programs in the state. Jones has been a little league  coach for the bulk of his “career” He’s only coached high school football for four years. Seems to me like HVA was willing to make things happen to get their guy. Bearden was hamstrung into hiring a community coach like it’s inner-city memphis.

16 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Pretty clear that the Jeff Miner hire is a home run compared to Jones. He’s been a high school coach for nearly two decades at one of the premier programs in the state. Jones has been a little league  coach for the bulk of his “career” He’s only coached high school football for four years. Seems to me like HVA was willing to make things happen to get their guy. Bearden was hamstrung into hiring a community coach like it’s inner-city memphis.

Not questioning the hire for HVA, but Oak Ridge didn’t promote him. If he was a home run hire he’d be at Oak Ridge as the HC. He also doesn’t have a state championship win on his resume, Josh does. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Again, an interesting take. 

Let's just hope this HVA hire is better than the last one, as they haven't exactly been setting it on fire the last few years.

Edited by billygoat
unclear meaning