2021 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Semifinalists

GTG901

11 minutes ago, Varo said:

Why is it the West keeps producing multiple nominees?  Fayetteville faced at least three if not four candidates last year, but we did okay.  If things work out, we'll face at least two, and possibly a third when it's all said and done.  Congratulations gentlemen on your nominations. I've seen Kelley--he gets my vote.

Is that freshman phenom from last year hurt?

2 hours ago, Triplej said:

With 45 kids nominated all over the state I'd say stats , wins/loses, exposure but I'm guessing.

2 hours ago, pujo said:

There is no perfect way to get it right, all are very good players and someone has to win. But as always, people are gonna get their feeling hurt. What people don't get is, some have a Great team around them, some do a lot on their own. I'd say just be happy and be thankful your kid is fortunate enough to be able to play this sport. 

Pujo, you hit the head on it. Ty Simpson is going to win the award for 2A. However, if I had the opportunity to vote, my vote would not to go Simpson. I do have my reasons. I don't want this to be a popularity contest, I want the best kid to earn the right to win the award. Congratulations to all players on being nominated for the award. In addition, congratulations to Khalik Ganaway from Peabody, and Luke Myers from South Greene on being nominated two years in a row.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Pujo, you hit the head on it. Ty Simpson is going to win the award for 2A. However, if I had the opportunity to vote, my vote would not to go Simpson. I do have my reasons. I don't want this to be a popularity contest, I want the best kid to earn the right to win the award. Congratulations to all players on being nominated for the award. In addition, congratulations to Khalik Ganaway from Peabody, and Luke Myers from South Greene on being nominated two years in a row.

I have to disagree friend, Ty embodies what a Mr Football should be , he is more than stats and a Bama commit , he is the leader of his team, works in his community and is a good humble kid ! He is a great person at that ! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

I have to disagree friend, Ty embodies what a Mr Football should be , he is more than stats and a Bama commit , he is the leader of his team, works in his community and is a good humble kid ! He is a great person at that ! 

Agreed, but what happens if the other players that are selected for the award, do the same thing? I’m sure all players are the “leader” of their team. All of them may not play quarterback, but still. I do agreed with you that Simpson possessed all of those qualities that you mentioned, but they also doesn’t mean the other players that were selected don’t possess them.

11 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Agreed, but what happens if the other players that are selected for the award, do the same thing? I’m sure all players are the “leader” of their team. All of them may not play quarterback, but still. I do agreed with you that Simpson possessed all of those qualities that you mentioned, but they also doesn’t mean the other players that were selected don’t possess them.

I would hope they ALL do , Mr Football is more than a star stuffing player imho ! I will say I really like the Huckabey  fella sorry if I misspelled it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

I would hope they ALL do , Mr Football is more than a star stuffing player imho ! I will say I really like the Huckabey  fella sorry if I misspelled it

He's had a silly good year. Receiving stud, kickoff return stud and punting stud. And now recently became a pretty good qb:ph34r:

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Had him on my list, was really surprised to not see his name.

He's alot better than last year in every aspect, but with #8 having alot of touches, #19 having alot of touches, along with us passing the ball more he's just not had the stats to Make himself known. In big games though, you know who he was by the end of it normally.

Edited by Yeti

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

He's not had that many touches really. We spread the ball out alot more this year.

I'd throw a vote Ben Smiths way. That kid is a force on Defense.  

That catch he made on fourth down in Jasper was pretty amazing and it took a couple of kids to bring him down every time he ran the ball.

His highlights this year and big hits are pretty amazing but in all honesty like you mentioned Yeti this Meigs team is well balanced.  

You got Carroll, Smith, Key, Shaver, Huckaby, Heifner, Purgason, Falls, all making significant contributions. 

I like them giving # 15 the nod. He has been solid all year on both offense and defense.

Also in special teams. He won us the game against Tyner with the Two punts that dropped and rolled to the 1 yard line and the other to the 3 that set up our field position for our scores not to mention his punt return in that game that got us to the 5 yard line and allowed Carroll to punch it in. And by the way he took a swing pass and threw a 60 yard bomb to hit a streaking receiver in stride for a TD. All in the same game.

He has had big time interceptions on Defense, made big time plays on offense and huge catches and runs when we needed them on offense. 

I dont believe we would be undefeated or where we are without him. 

Good luck #15.

From what everyone is saying it's already a foregone conclusion but hey who knows like 90 percent of the people on here were saying Marion was going to beat Meigs.

Edited by Tiger2
  • Like 1