Trousdale at Meigs County

tcjacket13

2 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

You know it!

Meigs fans, please provide roster size and number of two way starters. 

enrollment is 505 for Meigs and 378 for TC. 

Meigs will probably only have 12 players available this Friday, so 11 of them will have to play both ways. Only 1 reserve who has to be able to play at any of the 11 positions on either side of the ball.

11 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Meigs will probably only have 12 players available this Friday, so 11 of them will have to play both ways. Only 1 reserve who has to be able to play at any of the 11 positions on either side of the ball.

They really only need Ben Smith

Well, I did hear that Aaron Swafford was coming back in disguise to play so with him and Ben and the other 10  they should be O.K.

Edited by Tiger2

4 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

You know it!

Meigs fans, please provide roster size and number of two way starters. 

enrollment is 505 for Meigs and 378 for TC. 

In all seriousness one of the best things that Coach Fitz has done at Meigs is he has went away from forcing our guys into playing every snap of the entire game. 

Don't get me wrong. We wanted Aaron Swafford out there but it took its toll. 

He has done a great job of going away from two way players as much as possible. Small town football and you have to do what you have to do.

A lot of people were asking last week about how ER scored or why the score was 30 to 12.

That was the reason. Some of the two way players that play both ways in the big games like against Tyner and Marion were not needed to do that against ER and the coach didn't overuse the QB. 

He put in the 2nd string a lot earlier than I have ever seen before.

The score could have easily been a lot worse than it was. 

You might see a couple going both ways but don't expect Meigs to get tired for sure.

I expect it will be hard to pull Smith, Huckaby, Carrol, Key, Tatum or Shaver off that field this Friday night. Those seniors are willing to do whatever it takes to win a championship. 

Coach Fitz however will do a great job of managing it 

Edited by Tiger2

6 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Lol

I'm guessing he has us getting by you guys or Marion in the next round.

Or is it the other way other around. 

Surely these TC fans ain't that Cocky to lose one of their best players then think they would go on road to beat us and you guys after just getting beat by you guys

Edited by Tiger2

The conditioning at Meigs this year is really good.  After the Marion game Carroll told me he wasn't even tired lol. Really surprised me considering the game he played. As far as roster probably 50-55 players at best guess. No injuries as far as I know. TY Kraskous was able to come back weeks ago and warmed up for the Marion game. He was gonna play after the half if he was needed but he wasn't needed that game after it was all said and done. Playing at Meigs is worse than playing at the Creekbank. We haven't lost a playoff game here since 2017 and last regular season loss at Meigs was 2015. Only say this to make it understood that our Seniors own this house. These seniors have never lost a home game. I doubt Friday will be the first. Not talking smack just talking facts.

51 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Surely these TC fans ain't that Cocky to lose one of their best players then think they would go on road to beat us and you guys after just getting beat by you guys

Never underestimate a sweat bees cockiness!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tiger2 said:

It ain’t being cocky, TC has made a run the last 3 years and the only team that has stood in our way is Meigs, if we beat them I do believe we beat H2O in the rematch history shows that, history also show we have a hard time with Meigs