Trousdale at Meigs County

tcjacket13

7 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

I'm guessing he has us getting by you guys or Marion in the next round.

Or is it the other way other around. 

Surely these TC fans ain't that Cocky to lose one of their best players then think they would go on road to beat us and you guys after just getting beat by you guys

The kid is a good line man but maybe it's the 4th or 5th best lineman out of the starting 5. The kid is a senior but his backup is just as talented.Yes for last 3 years TC has lost to H2O and then went on the road and beat them in the playoffs. He isn't one of the best players on the team.   

3 minutes ago, RTD said:

The kid is a good line man but maybe it's the 4th or 5th best lineman out of the starting 5. The kid is a senior but his backup is just as talented.Yes for last 3 years TC has lost to H2O and then went on the road and beat them in the playoffs. He isn't one of the best players on the team.   

Name 4 better? He’s our 2nd best overall lineman, your observations are like you don’t watch the games 

1 minute ago, TCRadio said:

Name 4 better? He’s our 2nd best overall lineman, your observations are like you don’t watch the games 

I watch the game. I know more about the game than you will ever know. I know the ins and outs of TC football. I also know more than what you think I know too. 

15 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

In all seriousness one of the best things that Coach Fitz has done at Meigs is he has went away from forcing our guys into playing every snap of the entire game. 

Don't get me wrong. We wanted Aaron Swafford out there but it took its toll. 

He has done a great job of going away from two way players as much as possible. Small town football and you have to do what you have to do.

A lot of people were asking last week about how ER scored or why the score was 30 to 12.

That was the reason. Some of the two way players that play both ways in the big games like against Tyner and Marion were not needed to do that against ER and the coach didn't overuse the QB. 

He put in the 2nd string a lot earlier than I have ever seen before.

The score could have easily been a lot worse than it was. 

You might see a couple going both ways but don't expect Meigs to get tired for sure.

I expect it will be hard to pull Smith, Huckaby, Carrol, Key, Tatum or Shaver off that field this Friday night. Those seniors are willing to do whatever it takes to win a championship. 

Coach Fitz however will do a great job of managing it 

So sounds like:

enrollment 505 to 378

roster about 55-42

two way staters — went back and watched the start of the Tyner game and looked like one LB came in on D for the jackets who didn’t play the first series on O. So 10 two way starters for TC to maybe 6 tops for Meigs. 

Shows how hard it would be for TC to win it all until they get more depth. I bet they only have 14 maybe 15 players they can trust to put in the game in crunch time. You can’t beat 4-5 good teams in a row in the playoffs with that thin of a roster.  But maybe they can pull one upset Friday night!