Trousdale at Meigs County

tcjacket13

17 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

I was going to wait one more day, but decided to go ahead and post my prediction today. I will have to go with the Home team(Meigs) because although it is not impossible(for TC to win) but it is (in my opinion) a huge advantage for the Tigers! 

I will be listening and I am sure it will be exciting!!

Listening. What you talking about. Come on down for the show.

2 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

Meigs size at the line of scrimmage will be too much for Trousdale once again. Walking into last year’s game from the visitors side and saw Meigs warming up and told my boys “we’re in trouble”. And the jackets two biggest guys last year were seniors so even smaller this year.  Meigs by two touchdowns.  

No TC's biggest lineman is back with West. Plus in the offense, TC running through the size of the lineman doesn't matter. The difference in last year's game was Meigs lineman getting to the second level on TC LB. Plus all the miss tackles TC had with Meigs's backs last year. 

30 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Got 48 minutes this year. Don't let it be a surprise. :thumb: last years game was put away though until we didn't adjust on defense. It is what it is. It made the game look alot closer than it was. Don't forget nearly every other drive it was 1st and 15 for us. Our coaches haven't forgotten that lol.

Lol I will agree with that, it really depends on which TC team shows up, this could be a super close game, but if the team that shows up that played watertown, you guys win comfortably 

2 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

There have been some battles.

# 5 for TC Rankins earned all the respect in the world from us Meigs fans these last two years. He was a one man wrecking crew.

Heart and passion. We would hit the heck out of that kid and they would walk him off the field and he would come right back in the game and make a huge play.

People need to understand this. TC is not a passing team. That kid probably had 150 yards passing and rushing in the 4th quarter against us last year. I may be exaggerating a little but all who was at the Creekbank that night probably felt like I did.

Meigs got a pretty decent lead and set on it. Just set on it the second half. Run three times and punt. Same predictable Run plays and Rankins was there to stop everyone.

TC got the ball back with a chance to win the game late in the fourth with around a minute to go and about 70 yards and maybe 1 timeout.

If TC would have had another couple minutes left on the clock I have no doubt #5 would have led them down for a field goal or TD and the victory.

Meigs could not stop him the 4th quarter except the one time it was in extreme conditions 70 yards to goal and just over a minute or two in the game.

I do feel also the hits in that game had an impact on our fellas that next week. 

That's was our issue when TC won the first battle at home against Meigs. Peabody was there to pick the bones that next week.  This year we have a smaller and younger version of Rankins. This year's team is more based on speed than the power run. I just wish we still had our starting QB he brought something different to TC. TC would have a passing game and could spread the field. But like I said it's the next man up. 

4 minutes ago, RTD said:

That's was our issue when TC won the first battle at home against Meigs. Peabody was there to pick the bones that next week.  This year we have a smaller and younger version of Rankins. This year's team is more based on speed than the power run. I just wish we still had our starting QB he brought something different to TC. TC would have a passing game and could spread the field. But like I said it's the next man up. 

You don't have a player comparable to Rankins! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TCRadio said:

We ran out of time last year for sure, we had all the momentum but you guys took us to the woodshed in the 1st half physically and y’all were able to hang on. 

We have a Kicker sometimes and sometimes we don’t, he’s a decently good kicker and can hit from 40-42 yds away, but he has to deal with some things a young teenager shouldn’t and we will leave it at that

No kid should have to deal with that. The kid is a better man than me I know I couldn't play and deal with the circumstances that he is going through.

• Upvote 1