Trousdale at Meigs County

tcjacket13

2 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I thought odd hosted this year. It would be 2 #2 seeds. I may be wrong

Odd does, but they are listed as G19 & G20 G19 in this case would be TC. It is shown on top of G20. Top shown team hosts.

Confusing as all get out, but that's how I deciphered it. Check the bracket Instructions at top, see what you come up with. It's not unheard of for me to be wrong.

3 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

This is a great group of athletes and some very good kids also

Talked to my Meigs guy tonight and making plans for the trip to Decatur. Talk was keys to the game?
The thought was who’s got the best defense?  I got to watch some film of both teams and here’s what I think. The front line of Meigs with 19 and 8 are as good as you see in 2A. #1 is quick as lightening. All excellent with contain and shedding blocks. In the middle #12 is a rock solid stud that’s just nasty. Had double didget tackles vs Tyner.  The secondary is very talented. #3 and #15 are tough as they come.  Playmakers. I watched the Meigs film when they played Marion and Tyner.
 Trousdale front is solid with 50 and 55 and 52 and 63 and 99 looking to be the top Dawgs. Inside 40 and 6  I believe are very instinctive. 6 has good speed and a  nasty streak. Not as good as Meigs inside but very solid.

The back 4 of TC are fast and physical.  Very similar to Meigs.   With all that I give a slight edge to the Meigs defense.Plus they are playing at Home.  Thoughts and picks?   

1 hour ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Talked to my Meigs guy tonight and making plans for the trip to Decatur. Talk was keys to the game?
The thought was who’s got the best defense?  I got to watch some film of both teams and here’s what I think. The front line of Meigs with 19 and 8 are as good as you see in 2A. #1 is quick as lightening. All excellent with contain and shedding blocks. In the middle #12 is a rock solid stud that’s just nasty. Had double didget tackles vs Tyner.  The secondary is very talented. #3 and #15 are tough as they come.  Playmakers. I watched the Meigs film when they played Marion and Tyner.
 Trousdale front is solid with 50 and 55 and 52 and 63 and 99 looking to be the top Dawgs. Inside 40 and 6  I believe are very instinctive. 6 has good speed and a  nasty streak. Not as good as Meigs inside but very solid.

The back 4 of TC are fast and physical.  Very similar to Meigs.   With all that I give a slight edge to the Meigs defense.Plus they are playing at Home.  Thoughts and picks?   

Good post bud. I'm beginning to wonder if your friend has tiger stripe pants!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grunt said:

Odd does, but they are listed as G19 & G20 G19 in this case would be TC. It is shown on top of G20. Top shown team hosts.

Confusing as all get out, but that's how I deciphered it. Check the bracket Instructions at top, see what you come up with. It's not unheard of for me to be wrong.

This is what I found.

Screenshot_20211110-210311_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yeti said:

I look forward to seeing how we respond this week. The coach at Trousdale aka RTD said we weren't as good this year as we were last year so I'm thinking our boys will have something to prove yet again. I just hope we keep proving it lol.

Lol I’m not Blake not even close. I seen your team last year and just from some of the games I have seen like the Meigs vs Tyner I see certain players on Meigs that will have an issue on defense. Some kids just have stiff hips and if (a big if) TC can get on the outside we will have a speed advantage. But first TC has to win up front on both sides of the ball. TC is built on speed for the most part but they will test out that middle of the defense. There is no secret to what TC does best and what they like to do on offense. But every time we have played Meigs you'll get a look from TC offense that they haven't shown all year.