Memphis Central @ Springfield Rd 2

Kevin38

Kenwood almost mounted a comeback before stalling out on the Central 10 yd line with about a minute left where Central went to the victory formation and ran the clock out.

I do believe the Jackets can win this game but believe the last 2 weeks are NOT a good measure of how good Memphis Central is, I think Springfield will have their hands full in round 2 next week...

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Kenwood almost mounted a comeback before stalling out on the Central 10 yd line with about a minute left where Central went to the victory formation and ran the clock out.

I do believe the Jackets can win this game but believe the last 2 weeks are NOT a good measure of how good Memphis Central is, I think Springfield will have their hands full in round 2 next week...

Thoughts?

I think the whole Memphis region is down this year. After the 1 and 2 seed both almost got handles by our regions. 3 and 4 seed Memphis central and Mumford my be meaty okra at at best:popcorneater:

3 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Earlier this season I thought Memphis Central might "quietly" be one of the best teams in 5A. That theory has been squashed the last couple of weeks. Springfield by 2+ scores. 

I really am not big on looking at/comparing scores, I believe our coaches do a good job of keeping our players focused and taking each game as a completely different event on its own, past games results are irrelevant...

Just ask Haywood over the last 4 seasons or so, we were having trouble getting by teams in the playoffs that they absolutely obliterated, so naturally when we met them in the semis, everyone outside looking in would pick them to win by multiple scores, we played them 3 times and won 2. So I believe Memphis Central is a good team and that is not negated by 2 weeks in my opinion...