Knox Karns at Rhea County, Round 2, TSSAA Playoffs

ADS1

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Boy, you are a whiner.  

Why would a neutral crew have been trying to help Karns or hurt Walker Valley?  

And again, I have absolutely zero ties to Karns, but you seem to be convinced that the officials were trying to help Karns.  

For what reason would they do that?  

I could be a totally neutral bystander and say the officiating is at an all-time low. If a flag is thrown and there’s a major conference - they never will admit they are wrong. Too many times - they don’t take control of a game early on and head it off. Then they take over the game. It’s probably only going to get worse. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, EagleVolSteeler said:

I could be a totally neutral bystander and say the officiating is at an all-time low. If a flag is thrown and there’s a major conference - they never will admit they are wrong. Too many times - they don’t take control of a game early on and head it off. Then they take over the game. It’s probably only going to get worse. 

Neutral bystander or not, what you said makes zero sense.  

What "major conference" are you referring to?  

3 hours ago, HTV said:

Boy, you are a whiner.  

Why would a neutral crew have been trying to help Karns or hurt Walker Valley?  

And again, I have absolutely zero ties to Karns, but you seem to be convinced that the officials were trying to help Karns.  

For what reason would they do that?  

Probably am. I even said I’m bitter. My senior son and his friends will never get to play high school football again. All because of one ref (the head official). Neutral or not,…. he 1000% cost us the game. Yes, I’m whining, bitter and all the above. But I’m also right and will get over it.

Edited by Rockytopmojo7

1 hour ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

Probably am. I even said I’m bitter. My senior son and his friends will never get to play high school football again. All because of one ref (the head official). Neutral or not,…. he 1000% cost us the game. Yes, I’m whining, bitter and all the above. But I’m also right and will get over it.

So your son is a senior?  

A suggestion for you, then since you'll have Friday night's open next fall.  

Instead of whining, then why don't you call your local official's organization and become and official next season?  Every association I am aware of is short on officials.  

That way you can find out if it is as easy as you are making it out to be.  

• Like 1

He would never do that HTV probably got too much going on or has to work or some other excuse. Mine is I'm 78 years old, I couldn't run if someone was after me with a big stick! haha These younger guys ought to try it and see what they're missing. Probably change a lot of minds about officials.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

Don't count my cherokees out yet MOJO! Hope we get the upset over powell

I’m not sure why I say this, as I’ve only seen Powell online, but they sort of remind me of the reputation a program I was once associated with had “If things start going bad, they’ll start hating each other!” In our case it was true. 

This will be a tough week for the Beavers, unfortunately. Mr. Football will have a tough time putting up the numbers that he has with limited possessions due to Rhea County's offensive attack. Karns has struggled to get off the field on defense the past four weeks allowing an average of 36ppg the past four weeks. I have Rhea County as my dark horse representative for the East in Chatt in December. Rhea County by 21.