Jump to content

Coalfield comes to cland rd 3


THE KING
 Share

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I think hate is too strong a word.  The man was just an inept coach.   He cost us in two games against hampton in 13 and 14.  In a short essay,  he just underachieved with some very talented teams.  The young man we have now will demand accountability.  Cloudland became really good overnight. 

Forecast for friday night is crystal clear with a warm temp of 32 at kickoff.   

That makes sense...some of those teams had the talent to go fairly deep in the post season and i always wondered abot the coaching. I appre iate the input brother. Go landers take it to them and represent carter county

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, pujo said:

I wouldn't get a petition, I'd call the school and tell them what I thought. This could be the straw that broke the Yellow Jackets back.

I’m not starting any petition. I don’t have a kid playing anymore. I’m just a Cloudland fan with an opinion. I played on the home side and same as most cland posters here.I thought it to be a rough, muddy, loud, intimidating, sideline. I was in the stands when our team came out for the first time ever and ran over to the the far side of the field to play Powell V. Our fans were not happy but I told ppl it would be ok. At that time I thought there was some tactical advantage to being on that side. But after watching the first round lose in 2003.  I was convinced any advantage gained was lost if the other team got the momentum. Saw it again when on homecoming Jellico being behind 21-0  at haft comes back to beat us. I guess maybe it don’t matter. The county will probably consolidate the Highschool before long.  All I know is that nasty home side of the field grew some nasty mean cloudland players. What don’t kill you only makes you stronger. Coalfield will be right at home bc there Stands practically go straight to the players benches.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, piratetom said:

I'm not so sure I would want a change this late in the season. While it does sound good to have your boys in front of the home side fans, this could easily create unwelcome distraction. The last thing you want to see happen is to have your boys get caught up in all the hype and lose focus in a very important game. Just my two cents. Hope we get a chance to play the winner of this game. Good luck to both teams.

Good point.  They may not be able to handle being so close to all that cheering. Lol. But it could seriously be a hindrance to a new coaches

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 143Ridgerunner19e said:

I’m not starting any petition. I don’t have a kid playing anymore. I’m just a Cloudland fan with an opinion. I played on the home side and same as most cland posters here.I thought it to be a rough, muddy, loud, intimidating, sideline. I was in the stands when our team came out for the first time ever and ran over to the the far side of the field to play Powell V. Our fans were not happy but I told ppl it would be ok. At that time I thought there was some tactical advantage to being on that side. But after watching the first round lose in 2003.  I was convinced any advantage gained was lost if the other team got the momentum. Saw it again when on homecoming Jellico being behind 21-0  at haft comes back to beat us. I guess maybe it don’t matter. The county will probably consolidate the Highschool before long.  All I know is that nasty home side of the field grew some nasty mean cloudland players. What don’t kill you only makes you stronger. Coalfield will be right at home bc there Stands practically go straight to the players benches.  

Guess its Zac's call, I'm sure he will do whatever he thinks is best for the team. I do understand your reasoning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, THE KING said:

A good probability of early frost being on the field at kickoff. Might be a little slick starting out but we've had a lot of dry weather.  Once they get out there running around it should be good.  

I like rt from Coalfield he is a good fan but I'm rolling with the Benefield express,time for a new face in the Semis.Go Landers!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I like rt from Coalfield he is a good fan but I'm rolling with the Benefield express,time for a new face in the Semis.Go Landers!

Hope you doing well.  But I hope your wrong, lol.  We know where in for a physical battle.  I just hope it's a good ball game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Hope you doing well.  But I hope your wrong, lol.  We know where in for a physical battle.  I just hope it's a good ball game.  

It will be a good one and Honestly you all probably have the upper hand with a more versatile offense BUT they have the ability to just run it down peoples throat!

I am slowly getting there but feeling much better.Thx for the well wishes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




×
  • Create New...