Round 3: Oneida vs Hampton

Spike016

1 hour ago, crow said:

Yeah, we didn’t play bad. Lost any fire we had after the botched punt. Other than the first drive we didn’t really stop them. They just out-big-boy footballed us tonight. Better team won straight up. Nice talking with @uknoit2 and @pujo  y’all both married way above your station, don’t forget it either :lol: good luck, y’all get to practice on thanksgiving day, that’s a rare privilege, enjoy the ride fellas. Good game Hampton, congratulations. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you too pal. I aint telling her what you said neither 

Another thing I saw tonight that I don’t ever recall seein maybe some of you fellers can help me out. 

Oneida throws a TD and there was a flag on the play for Pass inference against Hampton. They kick the XP and then on the kickoff they mark off 15 yards for the pass interference? I thought Oneida would just decline the penalty since the result of the play was a TD. Why would the Pass interference penalty be marked off on the kickoff? 

Edited by Spike016

1 hour ago, Spike016 said:

Another thing I saw tonight that I don’t ever recall seein maybe some of you fellers can help me out. 

Oneida throws a TD and there was a flag on the play for Pass inference against Hampton. They kick the XP and then on the kickoff they mark off 15 yards for the pass interference? I thought Oneida would just decline the penalty since the result of the play was a TD. Why would the Pass interference penalty be marked off on the kickoff? 

Dang good question. I actually asked it a few pages back when it happened. Got me 

4 hours ago, THE KING said:

After I saw what they did to rockwood,  I was afraid for you.  They raped that football team.  They had ZERO chance 

We rushed for 330 yds with a 6 yd average and passed 5/7 for 55 yds. Oneida ended with around 200 yds and most of that was passing. I think that's correct. Still, win or lose, rather it be against Oneida. Announcer, fans, players, coaches, radio play by play, always first class :thumb:

5 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Dang good question. I actually asked it a few pages back when it happened. Got me 

I’ve never seen that happen before. The officiating crew done a great job and in no way did they effect the outcome of the game but they did have a call or 2 that was a a head scratcher but they are human so they are not perfect. It’s a tough job and one I couldn’t do. 

Edited by Spike016

7 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

I don’t think there was but did Hampton get a dead ball after the PAT? Not saying they did but no way an in play penalty should be assessed 2 plays later in the kickoff I don’t believe. That was just weird unless a dead ball happened after the PI and just got lost in all the activity around the PI, TD, PAT. 

9 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Happy Thanksgiving to you too pal. I aint telling her what you said neither 

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Thanksgiving morning football practice sure makes that turkey taste a lot better that afternoon! Only 4 teams in the state are gonna be doing it in 2A, soak it in gentlemen, win or lose this season is nearly gone. 

3 minutes ago, crow said:

I don’t think there was but did Hampton get a dead ball after the PAT? Not saying they did but no way an in play penalty should be assessed 2 plays later in the kickoff I don’t believe. That was just weird unless a dead ball happened after the PI and just got lost in all the activity around the PI, TD, PAT. 

If there was I never saw the white hat indicate anything like that. I’m like you 2 plays later is something I hadn’t seen before. 

Kinda like the lineman down field on a 5 yard hitch. The play happened to fast for us to get a lineman downfield but none of that matters just head scratchers BUT BUT BUT we didn’t have nothing as bad as the “play of the year” right @uknoit2