Farrah-gut sales intwo tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

59 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Trying to put doubts up about Maryville's transfer and tuition policy while knowing good and well Maryville is following the rules is what I'm talking about . You did that while you were going back and forth with a Maryville fan , so in other words you were reaching anywhere you could to take a shot at Maryville . Maybe before you start throwing mud at a school you should take care of your own house , I could go to your level and throw out unfounded rumors about your Baseball program , but I won't throw out something I have no idea about . Any Farragut fan talking smack after what I witnessed in 2009 is Hilarious ... dozens of grown men in business suits screaming F bombs while I'm looking at the scared look of several young kids is something I'll never forget ... do I think Maryville is guilt free from bad fan behavior , no , but I'm not judging EVERY Farragut fan from what I saw a couple dozen idiots doing at your place either . 

I was asking a legitimate question. I have heard all the talk, both the accusations and those that defend against them. I have no idea what to make of it. If I had to wager a guess, I would imagine the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I’ve never accused Maryville of cheating. I don’t think it’s a question of cheating but rather a question of another set of rules for another district. As far as I know, each district makes their own rules and unless they are violation of some larger entity, just because a particular district has different rules doesn’t mean they are cheating but might also mean they have possible advantages other teams from other districts doesn’t have. Maybe not, I don’t know. It was said that Maryville charges a chunk of change for eligible students to tuition in so it’s not super commonplace. I was asking whether or not that fee was a hard and fast, no exception policy or if it was waived for some kids because I’ve heard both arguments. So instead of assuming, I asked. No one is trying to take a shot at the school, the team or the program. It was a legit question. One that shouldn’t be hard to answer. Why are you so defensive? 

25 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

I was asking a legitimate question. I have heard all the talk, both the accusations and those that defend against them. I have no idea what to make of it. If I had to wager a guess, I would imagine the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I’ve never accused Maryville of cheating. I don’t think it’s a question of cheating but rather a question of another set of rules for another district. As far as I know, each district makes their own rules and unless they are violation of some larger entity, just because a particular district has different rules doesn’t mean they are cheating but might also mean they have possible advantages other teams from other districts doesn’t have. Maybe not, I don’t know. It was said that Maryville charges a chunk of change for eligible students to tuition in so it’s not super commonplace. I was asking whether or not that fee was a hard and fast, no exception policy or if it was waived for some kids because I’ve heard both arguments. So instead of assuming, I asked. No one is trying to take a shot at the school, the team or the program. It was a legit question. One that shouldn’t be hard to answer. Why are you so defensive? 

BGM (I like the British spelling of grey by the way),

MHS is overly careful with tuition students. At Maryville academics come first. We are not a football factory. If we were, we sure are doing a bad job of recruiting 5 Star players. One stopped by this summer. His group didn't hear what they wanted to hear. As far as the truth being somewhere in the middle, this is not true either. There are kids that cross county lines in Tennessee and don't pay anything. Every one of our city football players could show up at a county school and not pay a thing. Their family pays county taxes. Kids in parts of Loudon County get to go to Lenoir City for free. The tuition at Maryville is to offset  the difference in city property taxes that the tuition families don't pay. Maryville residents pay roughly double the taxes that Blount County residents pay. Even teachers who live in the county have to pay the tuition if their kids go to Maryville schools. Just saying "I've heard both arguments" is a cop out. You are listening to rumor and speculation. No first had knowledge is ever available. I don't speak for Pep, but the "so defensive" issue is probably because this is the same old song and dance (my friend) that Maryville fans have heard for ever. If Coach T was easier to search without that timer thing, I would pull up all the old posts. This version of the T, isn't as user friendly as the older versions.  

6mPph3A.gif?noredirect

5 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

BGM (I like the British spelling of grey by the way),

MHS is overly careful with tuition students. At Maryville academics come first. We are not a football factory. If we were, we sure are doing a bad job of recruiting 5 Star players. One stopped by this summer. His group didn't hear what they wanted to hear. As far as the truth being somewhere in the middle, this is not true either. There are kids that cross county lines in Tennessee and don't pay anything. Every one of our city football players could show up at a county school and not pay a thing. Their family pays county taxes. Kids in parts of Loudon County get to go to Lenoir City for free. The tuition at Maryville is to offset  the difference in city property taxes that the tuition families don't pay. Maryville residents pay roughly double the taxes that Blount County residents pay. Even teachers who live in the county have to pay the tuition if their kids go to Maryville schools. Just saying "I've heard both arguments" is a cop out. You are listening to rumor and speculation. No first had knowledge is ever available. I don't speak for Pep, but the "so defensive" issue is probably because this is the same old song and dance (my friend) that Maryville fans have heard for ever. If Coach T was easier to search without that timer thing, I would pull up all the old posts. This version of the T, isn't as user friendly as the older versions.  

6mPph3A.gif?noredirect

I should have used different language. I have heard the rumors is definitely a better use of words. I was directly asking so that I could have a real answer versus just hearing rumors and thinking hmmmm I wonder. I appreciate the response and it makes perfect sense to me. For the record, I have never accused Maryville of cheating and it’s not right of Pepvol to insinuate that I did. I can understand being frustrated by perpetual non stop rumors that aren’t true. It’s the whole reason I asked directly. I have never thought that Maryville cheated. I have wondered if their district allowed for different transfer rules than what other districts had and if schools had leeway on how they were applied.   That’s very different. I am certainly not anti transfer. heck, my kids attend Farragut on a transfer. It’s perfectly legitimate and valid and approved by Knox county. That’s not cheating. It certainly could be viewed as an advantage over another team from another district or county if they weren’t able to utilize those same rules but…different places have different rules. I think sometimes people conflate cheating with simply having a different policy. And I think sometimes people conflate being accused of cheating with being accused of having an advantage other places may not have. Your explanation was very clear and easy to understand. I appreciate it. 

1 minute ago, Bluegreymom said:

I should have used different language. I have heard the rumors is definitely a better use of words. I was directly asking so that I could have a real answer versus just hearing rumors and thinking hmmmm I wonder. I appreciate the response and it makes perfect sense to me. For the record, I have never accused Maryville of cheating and it’s not right of Pepvol to insinuate that I did. I can understand being frustrated by perpetual non stop rumors that aren’t true. It’s the whole reason I asked directly. I have never thought that Maryville cheated. I have wondered if their district allowed for different transfer rules than what other districts had and if schools had leeway on how they were applied.   That’s very different. I am certainly not anti transfer. heck, my kids attend Farragut on a transfer. It’s perfectly legitimate and valid and approved by Knox county. That’s not cheating. It certainly could be viewed as an advantage over another team from another district or county if they weren’t able to utilize those same rules but…different places have different rules. I think sometimes people conflate cheating with simply having a different policy. And I think sometimes people conflate being accused of cheating with being accused of having an advantage other places may not have. Your explanation was very clear and easy to understand. I appreciate it. 

We're good mom! 

ussecnv.GIF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

OK , Please prove and address all the rumors about Farragut cheating for years in Baseball please ??  see what I did and how Pathetic that is ?? Oh but I'm all innocent and I mean no bad will towards Farragut at all ... Listen Lady , you got mad at some Maryville fans so out of the Blue you change the topic to is Maryville cheating ... this has been done a thousand different times in a thousand different ways , just because you're trying to act all innocent and just curious doesn't change the fact that you are trying to diminish the accomplishments of High School kids ... Pathetic actually , just like I'd be pathetic if I was trying to imply anything about Farragut baseball . You knew good and dam well Maryville wasn't cheating but you wanted to bring it up . 

2 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Did I miss something, I thought this game was already played? ......Pretty sure TSSAA doesn't read Coach T (although they should...lol) But all this back and forth isn't going to change the outcome, the officiating, the school transfers or the commentary .... Heck Fella's , let all this nonsense go.... its football, its kids, its a great and wonderful game, but its a game. 

I don't like Whining about refs either Blaze45 , but " Mom " is acting all curious and very innocently now on 2 different threads asking about Maryville's tuition acceptance and wanting to bring up rumors about cheating ... oh she's very innocently curious now that she's argued with Maryville fans about the refs ... just like you , if someone comes after Blackman by implying or bringing up rumors of cheating on a public forum , I'm sure you'd be defending your team too . 

Just now, pepvol said:

OK , Please prove and address all the rumors about Farragut cheating for years in Baseball please ??  see what I did and how Pathetic that is ?? Oh but I'm all innocent and I mean no bad will towards Farragut at all ... Listen Lady , you got mad at some Maryville fans so out of the Blue you change the topic to is Maryville cheating ... this has been done a thousand different times in a thousand different ways , just because you're trying to act all innocent and just curious doesn't change the fact that you are trying to diminish the accomplishments of High School kids ... Pathetic actually , just like I'd be pathetic if I was trying to imply anything about Farragut baseball . You knew good and dam well Maryville wasn't cheating but you wanted to bring it up . 

Okay, I’ve tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but you seem nuts. The question I asked wasn’t even on this thread until you brought it here. Second, I asked a specific question, not for anyone to address every rumor ever made about your team. If you have a specific question about a rumor you’ve heard about Farragut baseball, why not ask? Seems better than wondering if the rumors are unfounded or true? I asked about this and I got intelligent, well explained answers. Now I don’t wonder. See how that works? I’m not mad at any Maryville fans other than thinking that GreyRider X is really really out of a limb with his accusations. I may disagree with some things but isn’t that the point here? To post opinions, commentary, feedback and observations back and forth with others? You need to chill the f out. And since you’ve brought up Farragut’s baseball program here in this football forum several times now, why don’t you stop pretending you aren’t trying to do the exact thing you so desperately want to accuse me of? If you have a question, ask. Maybe someone who knows about the program can give you a straight answer. 

Just now, pepvol said:

I don't like Whining about refs either Blaze45 , but " Mom " is acting all curious and very innocently now on 2 different threads asking about Maryville's tuition acceptance and wanting to bring up rumors about cheating ... oh she's very innocently curious now that she's argued with Maryville fans about the refs ... just like you , if someone comes after Blackman by implying or bringing up rumors of cheating on a public forum , I'm sure you'd be defending your team too . 

Again pepvol, you brought up the question I asked on another thread in here and that’s how there came to be two discussions on it. 

2 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

Again pepvol, you brought up the question I asked on another thread in here and that’s how there came to be two discussions on it. 

Whatever lady .. it's just funny your curiosity came up at the same time you were arguing with other Maryville fans about the refs ... I only brought up Farragut Baseball to show you exactly what you were doing to Maryville , must have worked since you're all mad now . 

12 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Whatever lady .. it's just funny your curiosity came up at the same time you were arguing with other Maryville fans about the refs ... I only brought up Farragut Baseball to show you exactly what you were doing to Maryville , must have worked since you're all mad now . 

Obviously yes, I was scrolling the site in relation to the discussion. Of course. That doesn’t change the fact that when I read one of the comments on another thread, it brought up questions/rumors I had heard and wondered about so I asked. It wasn’t the same thread or the same person I was responding to. YOU then brought that over to this thread and won’t leave it alone. I have acknowledged that my question was answered very well and I appreciate those who answered it. You’re still trying to make more of it. Think whatever you want. Its almost like you need to believe I’m accusing your team of cheating. I’m not. 

Edited by Bluegreymom