LC travels to PHS (round 3)

PeabodyPride

Just gonna throw this in the conversation, doesn't add to or take away from any of it but it's worth looking at IMO..... Peabody has been trashed by a lot of people here and on social media about their dropping down to 1A this season.... We all know classification is based on enrollment and Peabody DOES fall into 1A numbers there, albeit near the top.  The numbers I look at this time of the year for those whiney lil ones who cried about Peabody moving down and picking on these poor 1A teams are the roster sizes of the teams left... Here you go from the Final 8 in Class 1A:

Cloudland-28

Lake Co.- 28

Coalfield- 36

McKenzie- 44

Peabody- 47

So. Pittsburg-50

Fayetteville- 53

Gordonsville-61

And from two of the more vocal fan bases about Peabody moving down, West Carroll and Cornersville, their rosters were 43 and 46 players respectively,  WC with 3 less than Peabody who ended their season and  C'ville with 2 more than the Rebel team that sent them home.....

Congrats to all of these teams on your outstanding seasons, should be some great football the next 3 weekends, safe travels for all of the fans, with no injuries for any players, and lifetime of memories for everyone involved..... oh yeah BTW, ROLL TIDE

Edited by TideRolls
add info
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TideRolls said:

Just gonna throw this in the conversation, doesn't add to or take away from any of it but it's worth looking at IMO..... Peabody has been trashed by a lot of people here and on social media about their dropping down to 1A this season.... We all know classification is based on enrollment and Peabody DOES fall into 1A numbers there, albeit near the top.  The numbers I look at this time of the year for those whiney lil ones who cried about Peabody moving down and picking on these poor 1A teams are the roster sizes of the teams left... Here you go from the Final 8 in Class 1A:

Cloudland-28

Lake Co.- 28

Coalfield- 36

McKenzie- 44

Peabody- 47

So. Pittsburg-50

Fayetteville- 53

Gordonsville-61

And from one of the more vocal fan bases about Peabody moving down, Cornersville, their roster was 46 players, 1 less than Peabody and 2 more than the Rebel team that sent them home.....

Congrats to all of these teams on your outstanding seasons, should be some great football the next 3 weekends, safe travels for all of the fans, with no injuries for any players, and lifetime of memories for everyone involved..... oh yeah BTW, ROLL TIDE

I love it when people use numbers to make their argument

40 minutes ago, TideRolls said:

Cloudland-28

Lake Co.- 28

Coalfield- 36

McKenzie- 44

Peabody- 47

So. Pittsburg-50

Fayetteville- 53

Gordonsville-61

And from two of the more vocal fan bases about Peabody moving down, West Carroll and Cornersville, their rosters were 43 and 46 players respectively,  WC with 3 less than Peabody who ended their season and  C'ville with 2 more than the Rebel team that sent them home.....

I don’t know how you forgot the whiners from greenfield. Their coach said on the radio that peabody took the fun out of 1a….

there have been teams with 30 or less players go to state championships and win 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jtm52k said:

honestly, i was kinda hoping City would have a shot at breaking Peabody's ridiculous win streak. now that it's broken....i'll pull for them against whatever team they face, one Friday at a time

The good thing about Peabody's invincibility is that now we know they are human and beatable.  It'll take a lot, but can be done on the right night with the right mindset and execution of plan.  After Friday, I might go on Amazon and look for Kryptonite for the boys to wear in their gloves and uniforms!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, TideRolls said:

Cloudland-28

Lake Co.- 28

Coalfield- 36

McKenzie- 44

Peabody- 47

So. Pittsburg-50

Fayetteville- 53

Gordonsville-61

Curious as to whether your numbers were rosters at the beginning of the season or current player numbers.  We all know the grind of a 10 game season wears the boys down and you lose some to season-ending injuries. And of these numbers, which schools have the depth, talent, and luxury to only play defense or offense.  Which ones rely on players on both sides of the ball?  South Pitt comes to mind with their athletes, but you know that's gotta wear them down in the fourth quarter.  Luckily for SP, they are usually playing with a running clock and can sub in the little ones for extra playing time and experience so their starters don't usually see the 4th quarter.

• Upvote 1

I know that Lake County has welcomed the challenge of Peabody moving to 1A. It just makes a team have to step their game up and get better. Playing Peabody and being competitive with them will make teams better. The numbers dictate were they got placed. I have no problem at all with Peabody being in 1A and for that matter no problems with McKenzie being 1A. People need to quit whining and step their game up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Varo said:

Curious as to whether your numbers were rosters at the beginning of the season or current player numbers.  We all know the grind of a 10 game season wears the boys down and you lose some to season-ending injuries. And of these numbers, which schools have the depth, talent, and luxury to only play defense or offense.  Which ones rely on players on both sides of the ball?  South Pitt comes to mind with their athletes, but you know that's gotta wear them down in the fourth quarter.  Luckily for SP, they are usually playing with a running clock and can sub in the little ones for extra playing time and experience so their starters don't usually see the 4th quarter.

These are the numbers submitted to TSSAA for Game Program rosters...... Not sure what each team injury status is, but I do know of that number listed for Peabody there are 2 on the list that havn't  played a down this season due to preseason injury.

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I know that Lake County has welcomed the challenge of Peabody moving to 1A. It just makes a team have to step their game up and get better. Playing Peabody and being competitive with them will make teams better. The numbers dictate were they got placed. I have no problem at all with Peabody being in 1A and for that matter no problems with McKenzie being 1A. People need to quit whining and step their game up.

I agree.Id rather see LC play Trenton and McKenzie and lose than watch them beat Fulton Co 60 to 0.

11 hours ago, Varo said:

The good thing about Peabody's invincibility is that now we know they are human and beatable.  It'll take a lot, but can be done on the right night with the right mindset and execution of plan.  After Friday, I might go on Amazon and look for Kryptonite for the boys to wear in their gloves and uniforms!

You should be worrying about getting by McKenzie.