Upperman @ Elizabethton Semis

crow6424

25 minutes ago, GilliganGotOffTheIsland said:

What team would be the best in your opinion?

The team that took Alcoa to the wire about 3 years ago. They were definitely a more complete team. The 2013 had the best offensive player and one of the best defensive players. We had a lineman that year that was ridiculously good but the 2018 team would have beaten the 2013 team. They were just all around better.

Edited by crow6424

3 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

No offense to Upperman fans, but if Greeneville could not control #10 then nobody is going to.     Nobody in 4A that is....

You never know,  that’s why we play the game.  I can promise you one thing though and that’s if upperman has concentrated on that 1 loss to Greeneville early this season they will be in trouble.  This is a completely different team now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

You never know,  that’s why we play the game.  I can promise you one thing though and that’s if upperman has concentrated on that 1 loss to Greeneville early this season they will be in trouble.  This is a completely different team now.

I can tell you one thing. We aren’t thinking about a week three loss. A team that beats Greeneville and is the two reigning champs is a steep mountain to climb.

2 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

The Cyclones had a bunch of new players, with little to no varsity experience going against a veteran Greene Devil team plus we were missing some starters. Not making excuses, but the results are what they were. They beat us down. HARD. And how we responded, says a lot about these young men and their coaching staff. And to be honest, we were a different team for that one playoff game too. That was a purposeful game plan, executed to near perfection by the team. Brilliant. Just brilliant.

• Upvote 1