Jump to content

Peabody vs McKenzie (West Semi Finals)


PeabodyPride

Recommended Posts

Congratulations to McKenzie! What an atmosphere!! These kids from both teams definitely put on a show. I overheard some high school kids that were not from either school say this was definitely worth my $9.40 to get into this one. Which I chuckled! It definitely was. Anybody that knows football knew this was going to be a battle and it was. Peabody made more mistakes (2 interception, fake punt, and muffed punt). I feel that was the difference in the game. You knew going in it was not going to be easy to slow down Cassidy or Taylor and man did they both show up. They played outstanding!! Good Luck next week McKenzie, remember ever since 2014 the Tide have either won the title or the team that bounced them out of the playoffs has gone on to win the title. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From a milan fan. I was at the game and was only rooting for the winner, because I wasn't gonna miss this game. Knew it was gonna be a great one and it didn't disappoint. Congrats to both teams on a GREAT GAME. Both teams were class acts as well as the fans. I did sit on home side as it was closer to the gate. First high school game I've been to in 3 years as I normally listen on radio. Mckenzie big plays were phenomenal.  Qb is def a special player. Think peabody shot theirselves in the foot with that 6 minute scoring drive in the 4th. Way over utilized #7 imo. But what a great player he is. Holding call really hurt peabody also. Congrats rebs, go get west tennessee another gold ball.

 Was confused about the clock. Think it favored Mckenzie in the end because I thought after penalty the clock stopped and didn't start til the next snap. They were starting it as soon as the ball was placed. Is this a new rule in high school? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I re-watched the game last night.  That was a battle for the ages.  This game as many thought would come down to which team capitalized on the others mistakes.  Who could make big plays when needed.  Who could win the battle in the trenches. Or should I say win the right battles in the trenches at the right time.  The McKenzie defense made 3 big plays at the end.  Honestly, I could see overtime coming.  Driggers was marching them down the field with Ganaway.  He looked to be gassed. They were chewing up clock and was rolling.  And Aird makes a heck of an INT in the end zone.   The penalty for a false start was huge along with the sack.
 

As I reflect back on the regular season, some thought we would suffer the same fate as others have in the past when playing such a weak region schedule.  However, playing those bigger 3 and 4A schools paid off more that people realize.  Yes….I agree they were at best average. But Chester Co, Obion Co, and Sequatchie came off the ball and hit you. Much like what Dresden did.  Dresden came off the ball.  I also feel like we came out flat against them. And that is what we needed for that gauntlet of a run through the playoffs. We needed someone to punch us in the mouth. And the other factor, and I made mention of this somewhere along the way….Comer! He and the other coaches have kept these kids humbled and focused.  Also, they play for each other. Best group of team chemistry I think I have ever witnessed here at McKenzie.

Fantastic game and one that will be talked about for a while. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

I re-watched the game last night.  That was a battle for the ages.  This game as many thought would come down to which team capitalized on the others mistakes.  Who could make big plays when needed.  Who could win the battle in the trenches. Or should I say win the right battles in the trenches at the right time.  The McKenzie defense made 3 big plays at the end.  Honestly, I could see overtime coming.  Driggers was marching them down the field with Ganaway.  He looked to be gassed. They were chewing up clock and was rolling.  And Aird makes a heck of an INT in the end zone.   The penalty for a false start was huge along with the sack.
 

As I reflect back on the regular season, some thought we would suffer the same fate as others have in the past when playing such a weak region schedule.  However, playing those bigger 3 and 4A schools paid off more that people realize.  Yes….I agree they were at best average. But Chester Co, Obion Co, and Sequatchie came off the ball and hit you. Much like what Dresden did.  Dresden came off the ball.  I also feel like we came out flat against them. And that is what we needed for that gauntlet of a run through the playoffs. We needed someone to punch us in the mouth. And the other factor, and I made mention of this somewhere along the way….Comer! He and the other coaches have kept these kids humbled and focused.  Also, they play for each other. Best group of team chemistry I think I have ever witnessed here at McKenzie.

Fantastic game and one that will be talked about for a while. 

well said sir. do yo by chance have the game stats, like you have had last couple weeks, and any close idea on the attendance count?? I don't believe I have ever witnessed a larger crowd at rebel stadium

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, REBFAN07 said:

well said sir. do yo by chance have the game stats, like you have had last couple weeks, and any close idea on the attendance count?? I don't believe I have ever witnessed a larger crowd at rebel stadium

Not sure on attendance.  I know that NFHS had over 2000 watching.  I will try to get radio stats this week but not sure if we can tell anything other than if they called the phone number to listen. 
 

 

EADFC826-1407-4715-B920-77941DD8F35F.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, VOLnWTN said:

Not sure on attendance.  I know that NFHS had over 2000 watching.  I will try to get radio stats this week but not sure if we can tell anything other than if they called the phone number to listen. 
 

 

EADFC826-1407-4715-B920-77941DD8F35F.jpeg

At half, we were one play off from each other and close in yardage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Not sure on attendance.  I know that NFHS had over 2000 watching.  I will try to get radio stats this week but not sure if we can tell anything other than if they called the phone number to listen. 
 

 

EADFC826-1407-4715-B920-77941DD8F35F.jpeg

thank you sir. those stats surprise me a bit, expected them to be a bit closer.. anyway, off to Chattanooga to represent the west!!!! should be another great ballgame. GO REBELS!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
  • Create New...