Peabody vs McKenzie (West Semi Finals)

PeabodyPride

Great game!  Good luck to McKenzie next week.  Very evenly matched game, with both teams having shots to win.  Really felt this game would be decided by penalties, turnovers, and special teams.  Trenton really hurt themselves on all three while McKenzie played a much cleaner game.  That’s the difference

Congrats to  Mckenzie.  Go win the Gold and represent the West.  I have not said anything much about this game so here we go.  Peabody was short- handed.  You cannot win a game against McKenzie unless you have your best.  Football is about match-ups.  How is it that one of the best wideouts in the state quits one week before quarter finals.  But with that said, we had our chances. We still had our best wideout on the field.  But when you got 3 very good recievers on the same squad, it creates matchup problems.  But with that said, Taylor gave us matchup problems all night. And Cassidy was just amazing.  Let me address the elephant in the room.  The fumble by Ganaway was game changing.  That player who quit, well, that's his spot.  Can't blame Ganaway, because he one of the reasons the Tide has been so successful.  After all that transpired this week, fate was in play.  It took all of this for the football Gods to line up for McKenzie.  Don't get me wrong, the Rebels are very good.  But I will be the first to tell you, Peabody won a game of fate against Fairly.  We were very fortunate to win that game.  The fake punt did not help matters but coaches see things on film that we fans do not see.  It's up to the players to execute.  Sometimes players make coaches look bad.  But Peabody's coaching staff would never blame anyone but themselves even when it is not their fault.  That is the sign of a great staff.  We have had our run.  McKenzie it just may be your turn.  Too many mistakes, but we can credit some of that to the Rebels.  Great game. Great atmosphere.  The Tide will be good next year.  Got to replace some great skill people.  Good luck Rebels. Bring home the gold

10 minutes ago, Wediditagain said:

Congrats to  Mckenzie.  Go win the Gold and represent the West.  I have not said anything much about this game so here we go.  Peabody was short- handed.  You cannot win a game against McKenzie unless you have your best.  Football is about match-ups.  How is it that one of the best wideouts in the state quits one week before quarter finals.  But with that said, we had our chances. We still had our best wideout on the field.  But when you got 3 very good recievers on the same squad, it creates matchup problems.  But with that said, Taylor gave us matchup problems all night. And Cassidy was just amazing.  Let me address the elephant in the room.  The fumble by Ganaway was game changing.  That player who quit, well, that's his spot.  Can't blame Ganaway, because he one of the reasons the Tide has been so successful.  After all that transpired this week, fate was in play.  It took all of this for the football Gods to line up for McKenzie.  Don't get me wrong, the Rebels are very good.  But I will be the first to tell you, Peabody won a game of fate against Fairly.  We were very fortunate to win that game.  The fake punt did not help matters but coaches see things on film that we fans do not see.  It's up to the players to execute.  Sometimes players make coaches look bad.  But Peabody's coaching staff would never blame anyone but themselves even when it is not their fault.  That is the sign of a great staff.  We have had our run.  McKenzie it just may be your turn.  Too many mistakes, but we can credit some of that to the Rebels.  Great game. Great atmosphere.  The Tide will be good next year.  Got to replace some great skill people.  Good luck Rebels. Bring home the gold

Kudos to our offensive line.  They were amazing.  And they did will back next year.  Glad to have Driggers back also.  I think with another year under his belt, he will have a special year in 22.  Roll Tide. 

On 11/26/2021 at 9:46 PM, Rocketboy21 said:

Lmfao. He put the game sealing td on yalls head (literally). Get out over here lol 

I'm not going to say he didn't. But he wasn't running all over our defense like he was Peabody's. Our offense lost the game, not our defense.

Edited by jtm52k

2 hours ago, Wediditagain said:

yes, the tide are a great team, maybe your right, they have had their run, I don't expect it to be over tho.. But to give Mckenzie their due, in the last two week, they have beaten the defending 1A state champs, and the 3 time defending2A state champs! I don't care where your loyalty lies, that has to say something about this bunch of young men!!!! GO REBELS!!! gold ball awaits!!!!

okay, i'll be the one to say it:   Playing on that quagmire of a field 10 times, these teams would split 5-5. Put them on a dry field or turf and Peabody wins 8 of 10.... Dry conditions last week and Peabody wins by 3 scores...  But, it's part of the game and we wish those Rebels the best of luck.. GO GET YOUR GOLD BALL 

39 minutes ago, TheLongestYard said:

Good luck to the runnin Rebs. Taylor & McCreary are a handful. QB Cassidy can also tout it and throw it around also, but he may be a better safety. Haven't seen anything on SP this year. What athletes should we be looking for?

RB - Kelly
QB and WR - Hunter twins
DL - Davis

To name a few...

7 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Rebel tom I finally get powerp under control after 13 years and him choosing our boys at least two championships then here you go telling all that stone man and little grider mans secrets.  You think im joking im not.

Now Roy, these boys highlights and names are posted everywhere. I intentionally kept the other athletes names off here.

3 hours ago, TideRolls said:

okay, i'll be the one to say it:   Playing on that quagmire of a field 10 times, these teams would split 5-5. Put them on a dry field or turf and Peabody wins 8 of 10.... Dry conditions last week and Peabody wins by 3 scores...  But, it's part of the game and we wish those Rebels the best of luck.. GO GET YOUR GOLD BALL 

Can't be that Mustang type turf either